24th November 2014, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Diploma in Hotel Management if completed 10th standard?

hi sir,
i have completed my tenth and want to
do diploma in hotel managment
plz say me that can i do diploma
in hotel management after tenth????

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to pursue one year Diploma in Catering, Hotel Management and Tourism through distance education if completed 10th standard?
  2. Eligibility to study Diploma in Hotel Management course for 10th student?
  3. Which stream should I select after passing 10th standard? I want to do hotel management
  4. Whether Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology course is available? Entrance exam for this course? Whether a candidate get admission in degree course after completing diploma?
  5. How to study hotel management after completing polytechnic diploma in computer application and business management
  6. How to join a good hotel management course? I have completed Civil Engineering after passing 10th
  7. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  8. What kind of jobs are available after Diploma or B.Sc in Hotel Management? Does it has a better future?
  9. Can I join Diploma in Hotel Management after completion of 10th standard or 12th class?
  10. How to join in any hotel management course after completing diploma in civil engineering after 10th
  11. B.Sc in Hotel Management or Diploma in Hotel Management which one is good? Jobs available in future?
  12. Am I eligible for BHM through lateral entry after completing my 2 years diploma course in Hotel Management?
  13. Diploma in Hotel Management is possible after 10th? Name of college all over India for admission in this course?
  14. Converting Hotel Management Diploma to BSc in Hotel Management by giving extra papers
  15. Can I take hotel management after completing 10th and failing in intermediate?
  16. Diploma in Hotel Management is good option? Will I get job after this Diploma?
  17. Can I do Hotel Management course after 10th?
  18. Hotel Management after 10th standard? Is it a good option? -- [Most Discussed]
25th November 2014, 03:07 PM
soumya@ranjan

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Diploma in Hotel Management if completed 10th standard?

Hotel Management is one of the most promising sectors among all other professional educations. There are endless opportunities for one who pursues Hotel management.

Diploma course in this field focuses on operational aspects of international hotel industry. Students are taught the ways of catering, handling hotel administration, account management, marketing, food and beverage management.

Duration of the course varies from institute to institute.

Eligibility requirement:
Passing of Secondary education with a minimum of 40%.
A good command over spoken English is needed

Some of the Job offerings for Diploma holders in Hotel Management:

Guest Relation executive
Front Office Manager
Hotel Manager
Floor Manager
Hotel Assistant manager
Bar Manager
25th November 2014, 03:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Diploma in Hotel Management if completed 10th standard?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Diploma in Hotel Management course after completion of 10th standard. To be eligible to pursue Diploma in Hotel Management course, you must have to complete your 10th standard or equivalent with aggregate of 40% of marks from a recognised board. The Diploma in Hotel Management course duration is of 3 years and it comes under Diploma degree. You can find the following job opportunities after completion of Diploma in Hotel Management are :-

--> Executive - Administration (Hotel Management)
--> Guest Relation Executive (Hotel Industry)
--> Hotel Manager
--> Maintenance Manager
--> Front Office Manager
--> Bar Manager
25th November 2014, 08:38 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

In order to do Diploma in Hotel Management after 10th, you need to have the following eligibility.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Need to pass 10th with minimum 40% marks.
• Need to have good command over English.

If you have the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you need to appear for state level diploma entrance examination and based on the score, you can get in to good college.
25th November 2014, 11:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, 10th standard passed candidates from a recognized University, can surely apply for Diploma in Hotel Management, through an entrance examination. Mostly, Polytechnic entrance exam has Diploma in Hotel Management course along with the other Diploma courses. Hence, you should apply for the polytechnic entrance exam for getting admission in this course.

Hence, be prepared for the entrance exam and make sure that your age is below 21 years, if you belong to General category. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to SC/ST and OBC category.

You can apply for the polytechnic entrance exam which is conducted by the state technical council. You must apply for the state to which you belong. Every state has their own Polytechnic entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?