10th November 2017, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc Biology graduate study PG Diploma in Food Technology course? Where to apply for it?

I am B.Sc Biology holder and now want to study PG Diploma in Food Technology. Please tell me am I eligible to study this course? Where to apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study Food Technology Diploma course for B.Sc(Botany) student? Scope of Diploma in Food Technology?
  2. Chances to study Diploma in Food & Beverage Technology course from IIHMs? Where to apply for the course?
  3. Details about Diploma in Bakery Technology and Food Technology? Which course has more scope?
  4. Are there any Correspondence courses in food technology?
  5. Job opportunities after B.Sc and diploma in Food Technology?
  6. Can I study MSc(Food Technology) after completing BSc(Food, Nutrition and Dietetics) course? -- [New]
  7. Possibility to study diploma in food technology for 10th passed candidate?
  8. How to do MSc Food Technology? I have completed BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in M.Sc food science and technology?
  10. Whether Food Technology is available to study in Diploma on 10th basis?
  11. List of colleges in Haryana and Punjab to study Diploma in Dairy Technology course? Fees required to study this course?
  12. Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?
  13. Can a Biology student with PCB subject do a course in Food Technology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Food Technology related courses to study for Mechanical Diploma holder?
  15. Biology and Mathematics both are needed to study B.Tech Food Technology course?
  16. Can I study PhD(Food Technology) through UGC-NET being a Food Science & Technology postgraduate?
  17. Which course is best for Post Graduate Diploma in between Molecular Biology and Biochemical Technology? Future and opportunities after completion of course?
  18. B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science graduate can do M.Sc in Food Technology?
14th November 2017, 11:54 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Biology graduate study PG Diploma in Food Technology course? Where to apply for it?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for post graduate diploma in food technology after completing your Bachelor of Science degree in biology, because minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate diploma in food technology is bachelors in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food and nutrition or equivalent qualification in relevant stream from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

- Duration of post graduate diploma in food technology course is 2 years.

-Some of reputed institute also conduct entrance exam to admit eligible candidate for post graduate diploma in food technology. Here below are details regarding institutes offer PG diploma in food technology:-

List of Institutes Offer PG Diploma in Food Technology Course:-

1. Shreemati Mathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University, Mumbai
  2. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiyana
  3. Ballarpur Institute of Technology, Chandrapur
  4. Shri Ram Institute of Management and Technology, Delhi

So these are the reputed institutes where you can apply for post graduate diploma in food technology.
14th November 2017, 03:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Biology graduate study PG Diploma in Food Technology course? Where to apply for it?

Yes, any life science graduate can apply for PG diploma in food technology course. There are various universities offering such courses and you will get admission through entrance exam.

Just make sure you apply for the entrance exam, when there is an admission notification. Also, be prepared for the entrance exam.
15th November 2017, 12:24 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue PG Diploma in Food Technology even after completing B.Sc Biology. There is no any restriction in pursuing any other stream.

List of colleges which offers PG Diploma in Food Technology are as follows:-
AKS University
Address:- Panna Road, Sherganj Satna, Madhya Pradesh

Ballarpur Institute of Technology
Address:- Chandrapur, Maharashtra

All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences
Address:- Kh. No. 608-609, First Floor, Sant Kirpal Singh Public Trust Building, Near BDO Office, Alipur

Doaba Polytechnic College
Address:- Ghataur, Kharar Mohali, Punjab

Desh Bhagat Engineering College
Address:- Amloh Road, Mandi Gobindgarh, Fatehgarh Sahib Gobindgarh, Punjab

Government Polytechnic
Address:- Altinho Panaji, Goa
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?