20th March 2015, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply in Civil Services exam if completed Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Hi Sir/Ma'am,
I have just completed my Diploma in
Civil Engineering from Gujarat Technical University
and I am willing to go for Civil Services exam
so can you please guide me that can I apply for
Civil Services exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam after completing diploma in Electrical Engineering through distance?
  3. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  4. Can I appear in CPT if completed Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma CET exam after Diploma in Civil engineering?
  6. Which books should I refer for diploma trainee civil exam?
  7. Can I study M.E.(Civil Engineering) if completed B.Com and Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  8. How to become IPS Officer after the completion of B.Com?
  9. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  10. How to apply for B.Arch after completion of Diploma in civil engineering? With whom to apply for CET Diploma issuing authority or PU?
  11. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Can I apply to get admission in B.Sc if completed Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  13. Is the diploma Civil of IGNOU only for Army Personnel? Can I apply as a Civilian?
  14. How to join diploma in civil engineering direct in 2nd year? I have completed my Civil Draughtsmen
  15. How to do diploma civil engineering after completing BSc Microbiology?
  16. How to do correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing diploma in Civil Engineering
  17. Can I apply for government job after completing diploma in civil engineering
  18. Colleges which offer Diploma in Civil Engineering correspondence for ITI holder?
4th April 2015, 09:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in Civil Services exam if completed Diploma in Civil Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to appear in Civil Services examination after completion of your three Diploma course. To be eligible to appear in Civil Services examination, you must had completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in Civil Services examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.
5th April 2015, 12:52 PM
DineshKumar_01

Default Re: Can I apply in Civil Services exam if completed Diploma in Civil Engineering?

I am sorry to say this word you are not eligible to appear in the Civil service examination after completing your diploma. Because the Basic eligibility criteria tell that candidate should have completed bachelor's degree or graduation degree from a recognized university. I am providing you the eligibility criteria of Civil Service Examination as below:

1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. Candidate should have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. Candidate must be in between 21-30 years of age.

4. Candidate must be physically and medically fit.
5th April 2015, 04:48 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

No, you are not eligible for civil service exam.
@ First I tell you that Diploma in not a graduate level course.
@ Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC.
@ Minimum qualificatin is required for Civil Service Exam is Graduation .
@ To appear in Civil Service exam first you have to be a graduate.
@ My suggestion is for you that go for higher study and complete your graduation and the apply for Civil Service Exam.
5th April 2015, 08:48 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Ma'am,
I have just completed my Diploma in
Civil Engineering from Gujarat Technical University
and I am willing to go for Civil Services exam
so can you please guide me that can I apply for
Civil Services exam?

Civil Services exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year for the posts of IAS, IPS, IFS. To join in any of these forces you need to satisfy the eligibility standards which includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Education qualification
  • Physical Stanadard

When considering the qualification of yours, you are not satisfying the educational qualification needed for Civil services. The needed educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university.

But you have only completed diploma, which makes you ineligible at this stage. It is better that you continue your studies and finish a graduation in a specific stream.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?