28th February 2017, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications after polytechnic diploma?

Can I do BACA ( Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications) form JMI after polytechnic diploma? I have done three year polytechnic diploma in computer engineering after 10th. Syllabus of BACA is same as BCA? Who can give me the details on the same soon?

1st March 2017, 08:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications after polytechnic diploma?

No, you are not eligible to pursue BCA course after completion of your three years Diploma course. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognized board are eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course. So, being a Diploma holder in Computer Engineering, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission for pursuing Engineering course.
2nd March 2017, 02:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications after polytechnic diploma?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to pursue this Bachelor of Arts (with Computer Applications) course after successful completion of Diploma course.

In general, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course is "12th Class" or its equivalent course from a recognized university. As Diploma in Computer Engineering is equivalent to 12th Class, you are eligible to pursue this B.A in Computer Applications course. And yes, the subjects that are studies in this course will be almost same as that of the subjects available in BCA course. Some of the major topics that you are included in this course are, Visual Programming, Computer Programming, Data Structures, Computer Basics and Application Software and Database Management system etc.,
2nd March 2017, 07:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do BACA ( Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications) form JMI after polytechnic diploma? I have done three year polytechnic diploma in computer engineering after 10th. Syllabus of BACA is same as BCA? Who can give me the details on the same soon?
You have completed diploma in Computer Engineering, so you are eligible for Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications.

You can apply here through lateral entry exam.

I have attached the syllabus for Bachelor of Arts with Computer Applications course so please check it out.
2nd March 2017, 10:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application after the completion of your Polytechnic course.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the BA course.
No, the syllabus of BCA and BACA is not same. Both the courses have different syllabus with different subjects.
28th July 2017, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I do bachelor of arts with computer applications after 12th with arts (economics)?
23rd July 2019, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Diploma in Computer Applications after completing Secondary High School (10th Std.)?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?