25th November 2013, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I do diploma in Marine after 10th? Details of the course?

I am currently doing my diploma in mechanical final year further can i do diploma in marine and give me the detail about diploma in marine. Can i do diploma in marine after my 10th?

Related Questions:
8th December 2013, 03:10 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can I do diploma in Marine after 10th? Details of the course?

Marine engineering is one of the most exciting and lucrative as well as challenging career in today’s world. This field of science is highly adventurous and enjoyable. This field is concerned with the manufacture, nautical architecture and function and design of various systems and equipments that is required in various ships and submarines. It is also a study which involves maintenance of such equipments. Since the number of aspirants in this field is generally less therefore there is a huge scope in this field. However, since it is a challenging field hence dedication as well as presence of mind is required to achieve success in this field.

It is good to see you aspire for Marine Engineering right after your tenth. Marine engineering differs from other branches of engineering in the aspect that there are various courses under it and diploma courses hold a great value. However, you must possess sound health since physical fitness is mandatory in this field.

The admissions in various polytechnic colleges offering Marine Education takes place through entrance exams every year in the month of April-June. Every state organizes its Diploma Entry Test every year through which the candidates can get admission in various government and private polytechnic colleges on the basis of ranks scored in the entrance exam. The syllabus of the entrance exam is same as the tenth syllabus of any recognised board of education in India. Various private organizations also offer diploma courses in this field and one can seek admission in them through the entrance exam conducted by the concerned organization. Apart from the entrance exam, medical tests are taken to verify the physical fitness of the candidates.

The courses which you can do in your diploma level are :-
-Diploma in Marine Electrical and Electronic Engineering
-Diploma in Marine Engineer Conversion Course (GEC)
-Diploma in Merchant Navy
-Diploma in Nautical Science
-General Purpose Rating (GP Rating)
-Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)

Eligibility Criteria for Diploma Course
You must have a valid pass certificate of tenth from a recognized board of education of India and should have at least scored 60% in your tenth to get into a good college.

Syllabus
The general structure of diploma course in this field is designed as two years diploma in Marine Engineering and one year in Nautical science. Semester examinations are held every year and the evaluation is done on the basis of the marks obtained in them. Ocean thermal energy, fuel cells, magnetohydrodynamics, superconductivity are the most important topics taught under this course.

Job Prospects after Diploma
Even though various jobs are offered to the diploma candidates in this field, it is advisable to go for higher education in this field as it will open up many more opportunities with better remuneration. Indian Navy, Merchant Navy and many commercial shipping and manufacturing companies employ diploma candidates.

Some of the best institutions where you can undertake your diploma course are :-
-International Maritime Institute
-Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
-Birla Institute of Technology & Science
-Mohamed Sathak Engineering College
-Indian Institute of Maritime Studies
-Maharashtra Academy of Engineering & Educational Research
-Marine Engineering and Research Institute
-College of Engineering, Anna University
-University of Madras
-Annamalai University
-Chennai School of Ship Management

Some of the Entrance exams to get into the best colleges and universities offering courses in this field are:-
-Marine Engineering & Research Institute Entrance Exam
-Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
-Marine Engineering & Research Institute Entrance Exams
-Indian maritime University Common Entrance Test
4th June 2015, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in merchant navy after 10th ? Where is the institute of this course?
5th February 2016, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Hi...i have passed class 10 and have done diploma course for 3 years will i be able to join foe navy?
3rd April 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

My son currently given 10th std paper ( cbse board) i want he should join Merchant Navy after 10 diploma course.
guide me .
**can he do diploma in marine engineering after 10th standared
** how much percentage required in 10th std
** best college without entrance exam.
** if possible best placement for job.

regards
sheetal
18th April 2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO JOINT MARINE ENGINEERING BUT I HAVE JUST APPEARED FOR SSLC CAN I DO MARINE ENGINEERING AFTER 10th
22nd May 2016, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I am confused what I have to do after 10 th ssc in maharashtra
8th July 2016, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

I Want to do marine engg course,so plese send the details of this course?
16th September 2016, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

SIR I'M A DIPLOMA MARINE ENGINEER (3 YEAR COURSE FROM POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE) I WANT DETAIL ,THIS DIPLOMA MARINE ENGINEERING COURSE IS EQUAL TO DIPLOMA MECHANICAL ENGINEERING OR NOT ,IF EQUAL I WANT GOVERNMENT ORDER COPY. WHERE I CAN GOT ?
27th June 2017, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

My son has passed his 12th from Goa state board can he apply for diploma in marine engineering??? If he can how he has to apply?
13th March 2018, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

My name is Ashique i am studying in 10th standard i need to join merchant navy

* Where should i give application to join merchant navy
* What all courses should i do to join navy
* I know the following languages - HINDI,ENGLISH,TAMIL,MALAYALAM
* I am fit physically and mentally i have 6/6 eyesight i don't have color blindness

AM I ELIGIBLE TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY ?

WITH REGARDS
ASHIQUE

SIR PLEASE REPLY TO THIS QUESTION
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?