22nd August 2015, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study in 2nd year of B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in Mumbai University being a Diploma Chemical Engineer?

Sir,
I have completed my Diploma in Chemical Engineering. Can I get the admission in Second year of B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) of Mumbai University? Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year BE after completing diploma in chemical Engineering? Colleges in Mumbai offering the same?
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Chemical/Mechanical Engineering) being a Diploma Chemical Engineer with one year of experience?
  3. Possibility to study Graduation in Canada for Diploma Chemical Engineer who has 4 years of work experience in Refinery Industry?
  4. Possibility to get admission in B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  5. Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?
  6. List of colleges which offer direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech through CAP round for Diploma Computer Engineer in Mumbai? -- [New]
  7. Can I get admission in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering Diploma in Mumbai if secured 43% in 12th and scored 59 marks in CET?
  8. 3rd year cutoff list for admission in direct 2nd year for Chemical in Mumbai University colleges
  9. ITI or Diploma courses related to Chemical engineering? Institutes or colleges offering this course in Mumbai?
  10. Should I study B.Tech after completing Diploma in Chemical Engineering? Job opportunities for Diploma Chemical Engineer in India?
  11. How should I transfer from one college to another in 2nd year for Chemical Engineering course? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Minimum percentage required in Diploma to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in Institute of Chemical Technology?
  13. Eligibility to get job of a Chemical Engineer after diploma in Chemical Engineering or is it necessary to do B.Tech?
  14. What benefit I will get if study MS in USA being a B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) student?
  15. Job opportunities for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
  17. Can I take admission in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma
  18. What is the admission process for direct admission in 2nd year b.tech/B.E. after diploma in Printing technology?
28th August 2015, 12:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study in 2nd year of B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in Mumbai University being a Diploma Chemical Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my Diploma in Chemical Engineering. Can I get the admission in Second year of B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) of Mumbai University? Please reply as soon as possible.
No, after completion of diploma in Chemical Engineering, you can not get admission in B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering. But you can do B.E/B.Tech in ECE or Chemical Engineering through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for the Lateral Entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.
29th August 2015, 04:58 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study in 2nd year of B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in Mumbai University being a Diploma Chemical Engineer?

I am sorry to say this but you are not eligible for the course of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
You must apply for the course of Chemical Engineering and the admission to the Universities will be provided to you in the basis of LET Examination.
So prepare for the Examination and once you can score a good rank you will be eligible for the course of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering.
18th September 2015, 09:25 PM
DSP@1

You cannot get admission in Mechanical stream in any University/college being a student of Diploma in Chemical Engineering stream.

The streams which you are eligible to do in your graduation after doing Diploma in Chemical Engineering are as follows.

-Chemical Engineering,
-Computer Science and Engineering,
-Chemical Petro Engineering,
-Information Technology.

These are the streams which you are eligible to do in your graduation.Even some courses are not eligible in some Universities.

So first check the eligible streams in that university you are applying and then apply for admission in that university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?