26th December 2014, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?

Hello
Kindly let me know that can a diploma chemical engineer
get admission for btech in 2nd year in distance?
please let me know immediately
thank you in advance

27th December 2014, 04:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?

Yes, you can get admission in B.Tech correspondence course after completion of your three years Diploma course. To get admission in B.Tech second year correspondence course, you need to appear for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in B.Tech second year correspondence. Based upon your entrance exam rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular engineering college. So, by appearing and qualifying in LEET examination, you can get admission in second year of B.Tech correspondence course.
27th December 2014, 08:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a Diploma holder can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech correspondence?

You should take admission in a B.Tech course which is AICTE approved. If you want to get a Engineering degree through distance mode after Diploma then AMIE is the best option available for you.

AMIE is equivalent to an AICTE approved B.Tech degree and you can study at your own pace and appear for examination at the examination centers all over India.

You are a Diploma in Chemical Engineering and you are definitely eligible for B.Tech or AMIE admission. In B.Tech you will be eligible for 2nd year admission through lateral entry admission.

IF you are applying AMIE then you have to study 13 subjects compared to a 10+2 candidate who has to study 19 subjects.
9th May 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

im 3rd year appeared diploma in mech. i have 2 ATKT, can i give exam in 2nd year b-tech mechanican in same year
pl reply fast
17th October 2015, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

I have passed AMIIM Exam from Indian Institute of Metals,Kolkata with56.6% in Dec,2007.Can I be equivalent to BE?Can I do M.Tech or MBA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?