21st July 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Can Polytechnic student appear for AIEEE Exam?

21st July 2015, 10:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Polytechnic student appear for AIEEE Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for AIEEE exam.

Those candidates who have passed their 10+2 examinations or its equivalent degree from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics are eligible for AIEEE exam. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

Best books for AIEEE examination :-

Complete Physics For AIEEE by Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

AIEEE Topic-wise Solved Papers by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

AIEEE (Class XII) In English by Practice Guru
Publisher: Practice Guru
21st July 2015, 10:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

AIEEE examination has been replaced by Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main. Diploma holders can appear in JEE Main examination only to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination but, his/her rank and scores will not be declared as Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for admission in NITs. So, if you are interested to appear in JEE Advanced examination then, you can appear in JEE Main examination.
22nd July 2015, 12:40 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

First of all i want to tell you that now AIEEE is replaced by the JEE main entrance exam.

No, you are not allowed to appear in the JEE entrance exam being a diploma candidate.

But if you have passed your 12th class then you are eligible for attempting the JEE main exam.

Here is the detail about the entrance exam :

Eligibility :

** You must have to passed Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics and chemistry subjects and you have to obtained minimum 50% marks in 12th examination.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS :

For your kind information i want to tell you that he number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03

Age limit :

General Candidates Born or after October 01, 1990 for JEE 2015
22nd July 2015, 03:11 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, Polytechnic student can't appear for AIEEE Exam.
AIEEE exams are called JEE Mains exam now days.
Only the students who have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are allowed to apply for JEE Exam.
22nd July 2015, 06:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

AIEEE is no longer conducted and there is a single engineering entrance exam named as JEE Main and Advanced for admission in reputed engineering colleges. If you are polytechnic diploma holder then this exam is not for you.

There are lateral entry exam for polytechnic diploma engineers for admission in engineering course. In JEE there is no such procedure of lateral entry and that makes them no eligible for this exam.
22nd July 2015, 10:02 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

No it is impossible because .
* In AIEEE or JEE- mains , syllabus is regarding to 2 level which were not there in diploma .
In A.P, for diploma students E-cet exam is there to get into engineering through lateral entry .
AIEEE consists of 90 questions
a) maths -40
b)physics-25
c) chemistry-25
* After qualifying in JEE, you can secure seat in NIT based on your caste and rank .
* If you want to get seat in IIT you need to appear in JEE- advanced after qualifying this exam you will get seat in IIT.
3rd October 2017, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir now i am doing diploma in Ece I want to study in nit warangal my percentage is above 87 Sir please tell me what entrance exam I have to write to do b.tech lateral entry in nit Sir I am eagerly waiting for your reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?