8th January 2022, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Diploma in mechanical engineering is eligible for NDA-1?

I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering in the year, can I be eligible for NDA-1?

12th January 2022, 03:13 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma in mechanical engineering is eligible for NDA-1?

Yes. Diploma holders are eligible for NDA-1. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in year. 12th pass or 12th appearing students or its equivalent examination from recognized board are eligible for NDA examination. Go to the official website of NDA recruitment for more details.
13th January 2022, 02:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you are required to qualify the NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

For appearing in the same examination, one is required to have completed your higher secondary school degree course from a recognized board of education.

So, being a Diploma in Mechanical engineering degree holder you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA examination as for appearing in NDA examination regular higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th is mandatory.

For complete details regarding the NDA examination, you can to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2022, 04:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in two stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for the final selection.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board. So, you can't appear for the examination.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th January 2022, 04:50 PM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Ofcourse diploma in mechanical engineering is eligible for NDA-1 , you must have 12th passed with Physics and mathematics from a recogniszed university are eligible for NDA-1.
13th January 2022, 07:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can't apply for NDA. It is conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence services.

The eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Candidates pursuing in std 12th are also eligible to apply for the examination.

As per the criteria you are not eligible to apply for the examination.
14th January 2022, 09:59 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes. NDA stands for National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC twice in year. 12th pass or 12th appearing students or its equivalent examination from recognized board are eligible for NDA examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?