24th July 2016, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA being 162 cm in Height and after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello Sir, My name is Basil. I'm studying in 3rd year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. My Height is 162 cm. I want to know that am I eligible for NDA with this criteria.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if completed Civil Engineering Diploma course being a 30 years old candidate and having 162 cms height?
  2. Am I eligible to give NDA exam if I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering 2nd year?
  3. Am I eligible for Air Force if my height is more than 162.5 cm? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to get a job in ISRO after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  6. How much height is required to get a job in Indian Army?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completing 10+ Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  8. How can I give NDA exam after completing diploma? I am pursuing diploma in mechanical engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What can we do after completing diploma in mechanical?
  10. What can we do after completing diploma in mechanical? Which course to take next?
  11. Can I pursue Aeronautical Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in Government Aeronautical college?
  12. Am I eligible to become a Pilot after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to get a job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I apply for Government job related to the field?
  14. Am I eligible to give NDA exam after diploma course?
  15. Shall I be eligible to sit in NDA exam after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Minimum marks required in final year of Diploma course to sit in NDA exam?
  16. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  17. Am I eligible for B.Tech in manipal university after passing diploma mechanical engineering?
  18. Chances to study Diploma in Agriculture after completing Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
26th July 2016, 12:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA being 162 cm in Height and after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, My name is Basil. I'm studying in 3rd year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. My Height is 162 cm. I want to know that am I eligible for NDA with this criteria.
I have attached a document where you can get the physical criteria for NDA exam. So please check out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 19 views)
26th July 2016, 09:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA being 162 cm in Height and after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for providing education and training to those applicants who qualifies NDA entrance examination and is interested to be a defense officer.

NDA entrance examinations are being held twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

Being 162 CM tall and diploma in mechanical engineering degree holder you are eligible for NDA entrance examination on the height and educational requirement prospective as the minimum height requirement is 157.5 CM and where as the educational requirement is a higher secondary school degree. But for your confirmed eligibility you must have qualifications given below also :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must satisfy the other physical fitness criteria too.

For more details and updates regarding the same examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th July 2016, 10:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum height required to join Indian Defence is 157.5 cms for male candidates and 152 cms for female candidate. For candidates belonging to hills of North eastern region of India, Garwahli, Kumaon etc, there is relaxation of 5 cms in height.

You are eligible for NDA examination with 162 cms height. The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have done either 10+2 or its equivalent. You will be eligible for Indian Army only through NDA examination. The first stage is written test and second stage is Service Selection Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?