26th July 2016, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Shall I be eligible to sit in NDA exam after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Minimum marks required in final year of Diploma course to sit in NDA exam?

I am Niranjan from Karnataka I have completed 2nd year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and studying in final year and after Diploma I want to join NDA. Shall I be eligible to sit in NDA exam? Minimum marks required in final year of Diploma course to sit in NDA exam?

28th July 2016, 06:33 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Shall I be eligible to sit in NDA exam after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Minimum marks required in final year of Diploma course to sit in NDA exam?

The eligibility criteria for NDA is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 at least.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for NDA.
29th July 2016, 12:04 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Shall I be eligible to sit in NDA exam after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Minimum marks required in final year of Diploma course to sit in NDA exam?

Being a final year student of diploma in mechanical engineering course you are definitely eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination for joining all the three wings on your educational qualification prospective but you need to satisfy the qualifications given here under too :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an defense academy meant for providing education to those who qualify NDA entrance examination and are interested to make their career as a defense officer. NDA has three wings which includes Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air force.

Also NDA entrance examinations are organized twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

For further details and updates regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.nic.in.
29th July 2016, 12:45 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 board examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, after diploma degree you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in defence service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th July 2016, 11:04 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Candidates must have completed their class 12th or equivalent from a recognised Board with at least 50% of marks in it.
Candidates age must be above 17 years at the time of admission.
Candidates must be an unmarried male.
Candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards of UPSC NDA Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?