25th August 2014, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria of JEE Mains and Advance for Diploma Automobile engineering students? What courses are offered to such student?

Eligibility criteria for diploma Automobile Engineering students for JEE Maains as well as the Advance? Which are the courses offered courses after diploma in automobile?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for diploma Automobile Engineering students for IIT JEE? Which are the courses offered?
  2. Can I apply for JEE Advance 3rd time if qualifying in JEE Main?
  3. Can I apply for JEE Advance 3rd time if qualifying in JEE Main?
  4. Which are the automobile courses offered in Uk after passing diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  5. Eligibility criteria and best institute for JEE Mains and Advance in Ranchi for a candidate who secured 68% in 12th?
  6. Will I get under Top 20 percentile criteria in JEE Mains and Advance if appearing in 12th CBSE Improvement exam?
  7. Minimum percentage required in 12th for JEE Mains and Advance?
  8. Can I appear in JEE Advance next year as per the 3 attempts rule?
  9. Eligibility criteria for the posts offered of Junior Engineer and Assistant Engineer? I am doing B.E in Automobile Engineering
  10. Should I reappear in JEE Main if does not qualify in JEE Advance?
  11. Can I get admission for diploma in automobile? I have passed 12th with 52%
  12. Dropping a year for the preparation of JEE Mains and Advance is a good option?
  13. How can I get admitted in B.Tech course?
  14. Can I write JEE Advance next year?
  15. Can I take admission through counselling if secured 1474 rank in VITEEE instead of looking for good NIT if scored 238 marks in JEE Mains without Advance?
  16. Can I be eligible for JEE advance after scoring 100 marks in JEE mains?
  17. Am I eligible for IIT at an age of 16? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Qualification required to take up diploma in Automobile Engineering? What is the maximum salary offered for Automobile Engineering?
30th August 2014, 12:40 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of JEE Mains and Advance for Diploma Automobile engineering students? What courses are offered to such student?

A diploma holder student is definitely more aware about engineering as compared to a
12th passed student and so many engineering colleges/universities take separate entrance
test for diploma holder students under lateral entry scheme and allow direct admission to
2nd year of B.Tech. which is really great for diploma holders willing to undergo B.Tech.
course because they get compensation for the one year which they spent extra.

As far JEE Mains and JEE Advanced are concerned there is no such facility in these exams.
JEE Mains and JEE Advanced both consider diploma students equivalent to 10+2 and even
diploma holders are made to appear the exam with same syllabus which 10+2 passed
student get. You can apply for the exam with such a qualification and if you qualify you
can take any branch in IITs or NITs or any other participating institute. Even if you have
diploma in Automobile you can get admission in Computer Science, Electrical, Civil or
Electronics. It seems unfair being treated equal to 10+2 study but it has some benefits too.

Therefore if you are all ready to prepare the 10+2 Maths, Physics and Chemistry in all
respect then do so make your way to the top brass of engineering colleges in India.
Of course you will get admission in 1st year of B.Tech.

If you think you can’t do that then you should start hunting for the engineering colleges
that offer lateral entry for diploma holders.

I am listing down some colleges/universities which offer lateral entry to B.Tech. courses.

Delhi Technological University
Indraprastha University
Manipal University
VIT University
Cochin University
SLIET Punjab
Thapar University
KIIT University
Anna University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?