14th May 2015, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

Is entrance exam mandatory for B.tech or B.E after having diploma in hardware and networking?

I'm a 10 2 passed in science and i wanted 2 go for Diploma in computer hardware and networking, suppose i completed this Diploma and i like 2 continue for higher course like B-tech or B.E, will it necessary entrance exam for B.E or B-tech, or entrance exam for B-tech or B.E is mandatory after diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma in computer hardware and networking at any ITC or Indian university?
  2. How to do diploma in computer hardware and networking after completing HSc?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech(CSE) if completed 3 years diploma in Hardware & Networking program?
  4. Eligibility of hardware and networking diploma course after Hr. Sec. in Arts stream?
  5. Can I do open diploma in computer hardware and network while working?
  6. What jobs can I do after completing computer hardware and networking diploma from ITI?
  7. Which institute is better for doing 1 year Hardware and Networking course? Is CCNA a good course to join? What is the fee of Hardware and Networking course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Will MCITP course help in increasing my salary? I have completed my diploma in computer science and diploma in Hardware and Networking
  9. Can I do BSc or B.Tech computers after doing 1 year diploma course in Computer Hardware and Networking and passing intermediate 5 years back in commerce?
  10. Job opportunities in Government sector for 12th student who has completed Diploma in Hardware & Networking?
  11. correspondence diploma mba course? details?
  12. Best institute which teaches diploma in hardware and networking in India?
  13. Best training institutions for pursuing hardware networking courses?
  14. Chances to join CBI after graduating in Arts and diploma in computer hardware and networking?
  15. Best institute in Delhi to do diploma in computer hardware and networking in Delhi?
  16. After 3 years Diploma in Hardware and Networking can I do B.Tech in Computer Science?
  17. What will be the scope of Hardware & Networking course after completion of 12th class in Commerce stream?
  18. Courses available after completing B.Tech CSC in Hardware and Networking?
14th May 2015, 09:20 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is entrance exam mandatory for B.tech or B.E after having diploma in hardware and networking?

After diploma course, you can join bachelor in engineering course via lateral entry scheme. Many of the colleges admit students based on the score in diploma course.

If you want to get admission at top institutes in India, then you must appear for lateral entry engineering entrance examination conducted by various state universities . The lateral entry from Diploma to 2nd year of 4-year B.E. degree level would be open only to 3 year Diploma holders who have completed Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics.

The examination questions will be only objective type questions. There will be negative marking applicable.
14th May 2015, 09:24 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

Default Re: Is entrance exam mandatory for B.tech or B.E after having diploma in hardware and networking?

As you completed 12th with science and want to do Diploma and then B.E or B.Tech degree in future.
First I tell you that you appear in Entrance exam to get admission in Diploma courses.
After completed your Diploma course again you have to appear in Entrance exam called Later Entry to get admission in B.E or B.Tech degree.
You will get direct 2nd year B.E or B.Tech degree after completing your Diploma course.
14th May 2015, 09:28 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to apply LEET exam to do B.Tech or B.E after diploma in Hardware and networking.

LEET exam stands for lateral entry engineering test which gives to take admission indo direct 2nd year of engineering course.

Education Qualification-

You should have passed a diploma from a recognized board with 60% marks.

You must not have any active backlogs of your diploma.

Age limit:-

Maximum age for this exam is 28 years.

Last date of application form is June .

Online Entrance test:- Third week of July
14th May 2015, 11:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a 10 2 passed in science and i wanted 2 go for Diploma in computer hardware and networking, suppose i completed this Diploma and i like 2 continue for higher course like B-tech or B.E, will it necessary entrance exam for B.E or B-tech, or entrance exam for B-tech or B.E is mandatory after diploma?
Yes, it is necessary to sit entrance exam for B.Tech course after diploma course.

Eligibility criteria:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.
14th May 2015, 06:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance examination to get admission in B.E/B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised board and those who are interested to pursue B.E o B.Tech course can appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
15th May 2015, 01:59 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, entrance exam is essential to get admission into B.Tech course after completion of diploma course. This is because almost all the engineering colleges take admission on the basis of ranks in the entrance exam in the B.Tech course even for the Lateral entry students. However, you can also get admission in B.Tech course without giving entrance exam through management quota by paying extra sum of money to the college authority.
15th May 2015, 04:28 PM
pjgp

Yes,entrance examination is mandatory for diploma student to join in B.tech or B.E.
E-CET is the entrance examination for the diploma students in Andhrapradesh.
Through the rank obtained in this examination the candidates are allotted to colleges.
so,in every state an examination is compulsorily held for diploma students to join in B.E.........

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?