15th April 2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?

i get 57 %bin diploma mechanical engg. can i get addmission in btech, which is best opttion

Related Questions:
  1. Can I change the stream to CSE or ECE if I have completed diploma with mechanical engineering?
  2. Names of the engineering colleges in Maharashtra where I can get admission after scoring 78% in diploma mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I get admission through government quota in B.E Mechanical after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering
  4. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  6. Guidelines to get admission in B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering final year student?
  7. Names of engineering colleges in Maharashtra where I can get admission after scoring 78% in diploma Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Can I get admission for diploma in mechanical engineering after scoring 80% in 10th
  9. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student?
  12. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile?
  13. How can I get admission in B.Tech at Pune University if completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Karnataka?
  14. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Mechanical Diploma? Best universities in these countries for Graduation? Procedure to get admission in these universities?
  15. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  16. How to take admission for diploma in mechanical engineering after scoring 54% in SSC?
  17. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  18. How to get admission in Pune after scoring 74.48% in diploma in mechanical engineering
10th July 2012, 07:59 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?

The best option for you is to go after B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering after the diploma course in Mechanical Engg. It would open gates to several job opportunities for you both in government sector as well the private sector.

Mechanical Engineers are very much in demand in India and completing B.Tech in Mechanical after a diploma would give you slight edge on other while seeking the job.

What you should do now is seek lateral entry in a B.Tech institute. Lateral Entry is for the B.Sc graduates and diploma holders. It gives you admission in the second year or the third semester of the B.Tech course.

Several colleges in India reserve some seats for lateral entry. The idea is to give better opportunities to diploma holders and B.Sc graduates.

There are some eligibility guidelines that all candidates are required to meet

1. You need to complete diploma course in Engineering or B.Sc to be eligible for Lateral Entry

2. Several colleges only give admission to candidates with at least 60 percent marks in diploma course. This is where you fell short. However there is no need to worry because there are some colleges that would give lateral entry on 50 percent marks as well. One such example is Warangal Institute of Technologies & Sciences.

3. Some colleges require you to appear in entrance exams like Lateral Entrance Exam (LET) or some exam of their own before they give admission.

4. You must can complete diploma after 10th class

Candidates who are in final semester of diploma course can also apply for LET exam. Mainly most colleges reserve 30 percent seats for lateral entry students. If you performed well in LET or any other entrance exam, you will get admission for B.Tech course.
13th May 2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?

can i get admission in engineering after scoring 82% in diploma electrical & electronics engineeing
18th June 2014, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

I get 57% in mechanical diploma .can i go to B.E mechanical through goverment coata
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?