8th August 2015, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?

hii,

I am pursuing as a student of diploma in electronics and communication.and i am interested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf entrance exam or interviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  2. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  4. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?
  6. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in computer science engineering?
  8. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  9. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  10. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  13. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  14. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  15. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  16. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  18. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
9th August 2015, 09:54 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in I.I.T after completion of your three years Diploma course. IIT's doesn't offer lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recoognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
9th August 2015, 01:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii,

I am pursuing as a student of diploma in electronics and communication.and i am interested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf entrance exam or interviews are needed?
Sorry that you are not eligible to get admission in IIT after completing the Diploma course. At present there is no such provision to get admission B.Tech after Diploma in in IIT. IIT is not offered admission through lateral entry. Only 12th standard with science stream candidates are eligible. However. you can apply for B.Tech in some other universities. There are so many good universities offers admission through lateral entry. You must appear and qualify in the LEET entrance exam to get admission for B.Tech. You must score more than 50% of marks in Diploma to be eligible for the LEET entrance exam.
9th August 2015, 07:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course. AS per the latest notification from the I.I.T council, a diploma candidate is not allowed to appear in the JEE. He/She has to take admission in I.I.T through LEET conducted by the state in which there is I.I.T. So you need to appear in LEET and the admission will be done as per LEET score. However, the number of seats reserved is quite less in the I.I.T for Lateral entry candidates.
30th September 2015, 12:36 AM
Silent work
Member+

No.
IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology

IIT conducted JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) for admission to B.Tech in IIT.

Eligibility for JEE :
1.Candidate must passed 10+2 examination with PCM from recognized university.

2.Age limit 18-27 years.

3. No backlogs.

Since 10+2 is not equivalent to diploma, you are not eligible for JEE & hence you will not get admission in IIT.

But you can apply for other universities top colleges for B.Tech by lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?