17th July 2011, 09:15 PM
sharma harsh atul

Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

What is the difference between automobile engineering and mechanical engineering ? What should I do ? And I am intersted in automobile egineering ?I have passed my 10th standard this year ? What is the scope of automobile engineering and mechancial engineering in future ? Which is the better option between the two ? Please tell which diploma course should I join ? please tell me .

Related Questions:
  1. Merits and Demerits to study Automobile Engineering Diploma on 10th basis? Scope of Automobile Engineering Diploma?
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Which are the courses that can be done after Diploma in Automobile Engineering? Can I do Agriculture Engineering after 10th and Diploma in Automobile Engineering? -- [New]
  4. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  5. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  6. Which is better to take mechanical or automobile engineering? Which is better to study diploma or to take MPC in Inter?
  7. Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?
  8. Which courses can i do in Humanities after passing 10th standard?
  9. How to join engineering(Mechanical) and degree(Commerce) after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering
  10. Should i continue my school or start learning how to fix vehicles?
  11. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical & Automation Engineering?
  12. Best stream to study among Mechanical, Computer, Electronics & Communication, Civil, Chemical and Automobile in Diploma in Engineering course?
  13. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  14. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  15. Can I study B.E.(Automobile Engineering) if completed 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? List of colleges in Maharashtra?
  16. Difference between Automobile and Automotive Engineering? Which engineering course is better?
  17. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  18. What is the difference between Automobile diploma and Mechanical engineering diploma?
20th August 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

Gate exam is for automobile engineers or not?Give full detail?
15th September 2011, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

After compleating ITI fitter .can i got 2nd year diploma in mechanical engineering
16th October 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th class, i wanted to open vehicle workshop so i need to learn mechanical. which course should i learn please advice me , Please reply me with my e-mail id.
Thanks.

Regards
Sharon.
29th October 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, I am in 10 2 passed and i am countined to polytecnic in automobile ,So sir i want to job in army ,I hope to advice me please reply me with my e-mail id Thanks. Regards, Yogesh.
30th October 2011, 12:21 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
After complete your 12th then you decide what you do for future,then if you go for engineering then you go for selected branch then you know what is good for future , in these place you find all difference between branches.

Here i give basic difference between Automobile engineering and Mechanical engineering

Automobile engineering is completely based on Automobiles

but Mechanical engineering is completely based on mechanical instruments on different mechanical parts.

Main difference :-
-------------------------

Specially Mechanical engineering deals with production of mechanical device

and automobile engineering is based on designing on vehicle and other parts of motor vehicle....................
10th November 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir.. i m suresh bhatt from g.p srinagar garhwal.....sir what are the jobs in government field after diploma with in automobile eng..
19th December 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

hello all .. i have got admission in mechanical engineering but i am interested in computer ... can i somehow get into computer field after completing degree in mechanical????
13th January 2012, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir/mam iam studying 2 now iwant to know more about automobile engineering and how to get a job in bmw
15th January 2012, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

what about the jobs of automobile engineers?
16th January 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

i am comleted diploma automobile engineering. can i go machanical engineering in 2nd year in degree
19th January 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE B TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, BUT NOW I WANT DO A COURSE IN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING AS I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH IT
22nd January 2012, 05:55 PM
kavya_guddi

Hi Dear
After complete your 12th then you decide what you do for future,then if you go for engineering then you go for selected branch then you know what is good for future , in these place you find all difference between branches.

Here i give basic difference between Automobile engineering and Mechanical engineering

Automobile engineering is completely based on Automobiles

but Mechanical engineering is completely based on mechanical instruments on different mechanical parts.

Main difference :-
-------------------------

Specially Mechanical engineering deals with production of mechanical device

and automobile engineering is based on designing on vehicle and other parts of motor vehicle....................
27th February 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I will completed my class 10th with 60% marks. Hardware engineeing is possible after 10th diploma
8th March 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is sagar i am just passed 10 standard with 54% and i want to do automobile engineering so please suggest me some tips how to join automobile engineering
17th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir My name is Abhilash i complete my 10 2 and i am intrested in Automobiles (cars,bikes,...etx) i am in an confusion that should i take mechanical engineering or automobile engeering. all of friends said that there will be a great future if we do undergraduation in mechanical engineering and master's in automobiles what do u Suguest me to take...
24th March 2012, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE B TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, BUT NOW I WANT DO ACOURSE IN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERINGAS I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH IT
13th April 2012, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

we want list of govt. aided diploma in automobile engineering colleges in mumbai
25th April 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I am getting marks to get in IIT. I am interested in automobile engineering. pl. tell me how can I join automobile engineeting ? and which IIT is best for this course?
30th June 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

I need ur help.
I love automobile engineering and mechanical engineering which course i choose because i got 75%
16th July 2012, 07:27 PM
Patrycya

Question Re: Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

You don't get paid a salary bacuese you have a degree or two, you get paid to fill a certain slot, i.e. do a certain job. You cannot fill two slots. You can work as a M.E. or E.E. May be you can hold a slot as M.E. and E.E. But I doubt if you'll get that much more salary. This is just my opinion based on 40 yrs in engineering.GOOD LUCK!
21st July 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

i hav just passed 10 and given jet test got admission in automobile in gne polytecnic college plz any 1 suggest me which diploma i should do mechanical or automobile......?
e mail id :- [email protected]
16th August 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir me Anand Chouhan sir main 10th paas hu or AMW (asia motor works) Me machenical job karta hu sir mujhe machenical diploma karna hai jis se main is fild me achha scop pa saku mujhe aap diploma ke bare me jankari dijiye meri email id hai [email protected] -mera no. 9926668663
24th August 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma harsh atul View Post
what is the difference between automobile engineering and mechanical engineering ? What should i do ? And i am intersted in automobile egineering ?i have passed my 10th standard this year ? What is the scope of automobile engineering and mechancial engineering in future ? Which is the better option between the two ? Please tell which diploma course should i join ? Please tell me .
now i finishned diploma in automobile engineering, what will be the next study
25th August 2012, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

after tenth i want to join automobile diploma and then i will attain autnmobile eng. is it possible?
14th September 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I had completed M.sc software Engineering. Now shall I Join M.E Automobile Engineering
1st December 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

MY SON IS IN 10TH , want to put him to diploma course , and after that engineering. he is very much interested in automobiles, but everybody is saying mechanical is best , to start a self business or industry which is best?
21st December 2012, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

What is petrochemical engineering all about?
5th January 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,
what kind can i do after completing automobile engineering
23rd January 2013, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

which engineering college is the best for automobile engineering in INDIA and which college has more placements.
10th March 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

which stream has good scope in future mechanical or automobile engineering??
10th March 2013, 09:51 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Difference Between Automobile Engineering & Mechanical Engineering :

Automobile engineering is exclusive about Automobiles .

Mechanical Engineering deals with different mechanical aspects connected with different instruments .

Mechanical Engineering is the parent department for the branches like automobile engineering , production engineering , design engineering , vibration & noise engineering ....

Following are the Mechanical Engineering aspects :

Working of the Engine

Performance Measurements

Design of structures & machine elements which forms the basis of how to design , shafts , gears , brakes

Mechanical Engineering emerged as a field during the industrial revolution in Europe in the 18th century .

Mechanical Engineering science emerged in the 19th century as result of development in the field of physics .

Mechanical Engineers also work in the field of Biomedical engineering , specifically with biomechanics , transport phenomena , biomechatronics , bionanotechnology

Modern Automobile Engineering , along with aerospace engineering & marine engineering , is a branch of vehicle engineering , incorporation elements of mechanical , electrical , electronic , software & safety engineering as applied to the design

11th March 2013, 02:06 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Mechanical engineering is the parent department for the branches like automobile engineering, production engineering, design engineering, vibration and noise engineering etc...

As i am a mechanical engineer, i would say that mechanical engineering is one which reveals all the processes, mechanisms, logics, behind everything that happens in our daily life.. And in mechanical engineering u will extensively study about the working of machines.

for example in the case of an automobile , u will study the following things in mechanical engineering aspects.

1. working of the engine
2. performance measurements
3. design of structures and machine elements which forms the basis of how to design, shafts, gears, clutches, brakes,
4. how to balance an engine, and avoid vibration and noise in engines
5. which type of material should be used for each and every component in the automobile.
6. Ergonomics - how to make an automobile to be user friendly and make its user comfortable.
7. and finally the vast ocean- Manufacturing technology- How to produce each and every component ranging from a nut/ bolt to a chassis etc..

This is a gist of what u could contribute when u are a mechanical engineer. I think automobile engineering covers few topics except manufacturing technology but it includes few aspects like aerodynamics, aesthetics etc...

Mechanical engineering is a general studies about machines, not only automobiles but powerplants, shop floor machines( which u will obviously find interesting ) and hence i would like u to opt for mechanical engineering. Once u get into it, u will really enjoy it.
Best of luck..!!
16th March 2013, 02:49 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
hello all .. I have got admission in mechanical engineering but i am interested in computer ... Can i somehow get into computer field after completing degree in mechanical????
no chance my dear.

A mechanical engineer will have no knowledge of computer software's. If you completed your mechanical and not interested in joining that field so i will tell you today many mnc's are offering software jobs to all b tech students irrespective of there branches.

They will provide you training what they required and thats all.

You just need to get a good percent without backlogs (minimum 65%)

try to get placed in those companied like wipro, tcs, ibm, infosys, genpact, etc many are there.
1st April 2013, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

My name is v.Aswin kumar.I want to do automobile engineering but my father said to me that mechanical engineering has more scope than automobile engineering.i am in severe dilemma(confusion).which one has more scope?
25th May 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

what is best for automobile eng? 11-12 sci or diploma
28th May 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

How can i become an automobile engineer
9th June 2013, 11:57 PM
pravin_007

Question Re: Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

can u tell me y u wnt to go for Mechiecal eng. Automobile is nt good or out....
18th June 2013, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Which is better btwn automobile and mechanic....? Regarding job opportunity and salary
10th August 2013, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After compleating ITI fitter .can i got 2nd year diploma in mechanical engineering
yaa u can get..
14th April 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10th and i want to know that deploma in mechenic has good scope or deploma in automobile has good scope?
14th April 2014, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

my name is nayan i have completed 10th and i want that deploma in automobile has good scope or deploma in mechenic has good scope please send message to to this number 9480409904 your opeion
4th May 2014, 12:03 PM

Post Re: Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join?

First of all complete your automobile engg by good percent and thnx apply for it ......
9th May 2014, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my tenth i want to be an automobile engineer but can i do it by a diploma in mechanical engineering
23rd June 2014, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

maine abhe abhe 12 pass kiya hai aur ab polytechnic karne wale hu mere rank 712 aaye hai aur mai kaun se branch lu jisme sabse jyada scope ho electrical or mechanical ,,, mechanical le to kaun sa automobiles ya only mechanical engg....
14th September 2014, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I wnt to learn cars repairing coz i wnt to open a garage so which branch should i go autombl or mechanical engg.
plz guide me call me plz at this 9871134272
plz
27th December 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Dear Team,
My Son studying 10th in Dubai, he want to join in IIT Automobile Engineering.
In entrance how much he should score, What is the weightage of CBSE results and extra curricular activities will be considered?
His favorite is Car from childhood, he ambition to invent new design Eco friendly cars.
Guide us which IIT is best at-present in automobile.
After completing B-Tech which IIT is good for M Tech in India or suggest good university/institution in Abroad.
Naran
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?