14th December 2017, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Lateral entry Diploma Electrical Engineer can apply for Junior Engineer Post in Railway or not?

I am student of diploma lateral entry in electrical Engineering and want to make career as Railway Junior Engineer. So, can I apply for Junior Engineer post in railway, yes or no? Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for junior engineer post in railway after lateral entry diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Can a Diploma in Mechanical engineering through lateral entry apply for Railway Junior Engineer job?
  3. Procedure to apply for Junior Engineer post in UPPCL?
  4. Diploma electrical engineer can apply for Railway JE post?
  5. Eligibility for Junior Engineer post in Railways after B.Tech?
  6. Eligibility for the post of Junior Engineer in Railways after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year?
  7. Private jobs after completing diploma in Electrical engineering. Can I do B.Tech through lateral entry scheme?
  8. Can I apply for Junior Engineer Post? I am a lateral entry 2nd year diploma mechanical student
  9. Am I eligible to get a job as engineer with good salary after completion of diploma?
  10. Electronics student can give exam for JE in MES?
  11. What type of service to choose for electronics engineering in BHEL?
  12. When the notification of Southern Railway Junior Engineer post will be released?
  13. What are the jobs availability and procedure to apply in Delhi Metro Rail Corporation?
  14. Can I apply for Junior Engineer after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  15. How to prepare for railway junior engineering? My qualification is diploma in electrical engineering
  16. What is the eligibility criteria for Railways Junior Engineer post?
  17. How can I prepare to become a Junior Electrical Engineer in AIIMS, Bhopal? -- [New]
  18. Last years Railway Recruitment model question papers with answers for the post of Junior Engineer -- [Most Discussed]
14th December 2017, 10:01 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Lateral entry Diploma Electrical Engineer can apply for Junior Engineer Post in Railway or not?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JE (Junior Engineer) post after having lateral entry diploma in electrical engineering, but to join Indian railways as junior engineer you must have to appear in RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) exam followed by personal interview which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to recruit eligible candidate for Indian railway services.
  • For more details please visit www.rrb.gov.in.
15th December 2017, 07:38 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Lateral entry Diploma Electrical Engineer can apply for Junior Engineer Post in Railway or not?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Junior Engineer post in Railways even if you have completed Diploma course through lateral entry admission process. Candidates who have passed Diploma course in Engineering from a recognised institute are eligible to apply for Junior Engineer post. So, being a Diploma holder, you are eligible to apply for Junior Engineer post in Railways.
15th December 2017, 11:53 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am student of diploma lateral entry in electrical Engineering and want to make career as Railway Junior Engineer. So, can I apply for Junior Engineer post in railway, yes or no? Please reply.
Eligibility to apply for the Junior Engineer (JE – Electrical) in Indian Railway is a pass in Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university / institution. Candidates are selected for the JE (Electrical) post in Indian Railways through Written Examination and Document Verification. Therefore, lateral entry Diploma Electrical Engineering candidates are eligible for the post of JE (Electrical) in Indian Railways. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) recruits candidates for JE posts in Indian Railways. Candidates can find the vacancy details and notifications on the RRB website given Click Here
15th December 2017, 12:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for the post of Junior Engineer in Railways.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a holder of Intermediate degree from any of the recognized university.
Candidate must be a holder of a technical degree from a recognized university or institute as because it is very important.
Candidate age should be under 18 years to 28 years.
Candidate must have attained at least 60% aggregate in their Intermediate.
15th December 2017, 01:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Railway Junior Engineer recruitment:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Railways Junior Engineer recruitment even after completion of Diploma through lateral entry. Candidates who are generally done with 12th class can do Diploma through lateral entry mode i.e., candidates get direct admission into 2nd year of Diploma course.

Although, you have completed Diploma course through lateral entry mode you are eligible as your final qualification is treated as Diploma course.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in this recruitment examination is Diploma in concerned stream and as you are from Electrical Engineering I can surely say that you are eligible to apply for the recruitment. Try to score as many marks in written examination in order to fetch a seat in the recruitment.
15th December 2017, 02:01 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Junior Engineer post in Indian Railways. It do not matter that you are a lateral entry Diploma Electrical Engineer.

Eligibility criteria for JE in Railway:-
Any type of Technical degree like Diploma or ITI
Age must be minimum 19 years.
15th December 2017, 04:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely after the completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering being a lateral Entry candidate, you are eligible to apply for the post of Junior Engineer in railways, there is no problem in it.
Railways offers the post of Junior Engineer to the candidates those who have completed their Diploma course in Electrical Engineering, no matter if you have completed your Diploma being a lateral entry candidate.
15th December 2017, 05:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Lateral Entry Diploma candidates in Electrical Engineering stream can apply for Junior Engineer post in Railways. The educational qualification required for Junior Engineer exam is that you should have completed diploma or in final year of it.

The age for general category candidates is 18-27 years. If you belong to OBC category, you are eligible for three years age relaxation and in case of SC/ST candidates, eligible for five years upper age relaxation.
15th December 2017, 05:48 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The requirement for Junior Engineering post in Railways:

Academic qualification: Diploma in engineering. Lateral entry candidates can also apply.

Age limit: 18-27 years.

The different stages of exam:

Written Test.

Interview.
15th December 2017, 06:01 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Junior Engineer in Indian Railways is a good post with handsome pay and perks and other allowances.

Eligibility criteria:

Diploma is minimum qualification for this post. Lateral Entry diploma candidates are eligible for the examination of Junior Engineer.

You should be at least of 18 years to apply for exam.
15th December 2017, 06:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for the post of junior engineer, candidate must have completed diploma in Engineering from a recognised University with at least 50% marks. Age should be in between 18 to 33 years at the time of application.
You have to appear in RRB examination and exam is consist of written examination, document verification and medical test.
15th December 2017, 08:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Junior Engineer post in Indian Railways are:

*Diploma in engineering from a recognized institute. Final year diploma candidates as well as lateral entry diploma holders are eligible for Junior Engineer post.

* The age limit is 18-27 years.

*Reserved category candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation.

You can apply.
15th December 2017, 11:14 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can apply for Railway JE post after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering course.
In order to grab the Railway JE post, you need to appear and qualify in RRB JE examination.
Below I have given the eligibility criteria for RRB JE:
>Candidate must have completed 3 years diploma in any engineering stream field from a recognized university.
>Age of the candidate must not be less than 18 years and more than 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?