14th December 2017, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for polytechnic after failing in maths subject?

Sir, I passed 10th from ICSE board, but I was failed in maths, but overall passed with 62% marks. So, now tell me that can I be eligible for polytechnic?

15th December 2017, 07:34 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for polytechnic after failing in maths subject?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Polytechnic course after failing in Mathematical subject of your 10th standard. To get admission for pursuing Polytechnic course, you should have passed 10th standard in all subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not passed Mathematics subject in your 10th standard, you have to clear it to get admission for pursuing Polytechnic course
15th December 2017, 10:10 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you have failed in mathematics then you will be not considered as pass candidate and have to reappear in examination.

So, you are also not eligible to get admission in polytechnic course. The minimum required eligibility to get admission in polytechnic course is that candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

Candidates also have to qualify in entrance examination conducted for admission in government polytechnic colleges.
15th December 2017, 12:03 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that you are considered as pass only when you have passed in all subjects in Intermediate. Overall marks will be valid only when you have cleared all papers.
But if you are failed in Maths then first of all you need to clear that paper then only you will be eligible to get admission in polytechnic.
15th December 2017, 12:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I passed 10th from ICSE board, but I was failed in maths, but overall passed with 62% marks. So, now tell me that can I be eligible for polytechnic?

Sorry, it is not possible to apply for polytechnic admission after failing in the Class X mathematics subject. You have to clear the mathematics paper to apply for the three year polytechnic admission. Candidates are admitted to the polytechnic colleges through an entrance examination in most of the states. In some states like Tamilnadu, candidates are admitted to the polytechnic colleges on the basis of marks scored in the subjects like Mathematics and Science 10th standard examinations. Therefore, you have to clear the mathematics subject of 10th standard to apply for polytechnic admission.
15th December 2017, 01:20 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility criteria for Polytechnic entrance examination of state:

You must have passed secondary board examination from a recognized board in all subjects.

Candidates failing in any subject of tenth board can not apply for Polytechnic entrance examination. You will have to first pass in this subject by compartment exam to become eligible for Polytechnic competitive exam.
15th December 2017, 01:40 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry but you will not get admission in any polytechnic colleges after failing in Mathematics. First you have to clear your backlog in Mathematics.

After that you can apply for Polytechnic and have to secure good rank to get bright Polytechnic college.
15th December 2017, 04:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for the Diploma course or any other course after failing in the Mathematics paper. Since, you are not qualified in the class 10th examination successfully, you cannot opt for any of the courses or any higher studies.
Candidates those who have successfully qualified in the class 10th examination from a recognized Board scoring a minimum of 45% of marks in it are eligible to opt fore the Diploma courses.
15th December 2017, 05:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required to pursue polytechnic course is that you should have scored minimum of passing percentage of marks in 10th board exams. As you have failed in mathematics subject, your overall status in standard tenth is failed.

You can not apply for higher studies course till you secure passing marks in all subjects of tenth board examination.
15th December 2017, 05:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Polytechnic which in other words is also called diploma in engineering. This is a technical course of three years duration.

Eligibility criteria:

You should have passed 10th board exams. Then you should apply for state level polytechnic exam like BCECE of Bihar, UP Polytechnic exam etc.

After failing in mathematics, you can not apply for polytechnic course and its entrance examination.
15th December 2017, 06:01 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

If you are failed in maths subject and overall percentage is above sixty then you are not eligible to apply for Polytechnic College because a candidate needs to be passed in all the subjects in order to get admission in higher education.
So, you can appear in compartment examination.
15th December 2017, 06:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Polytechnic engineering course because a candidate has to pass in all the subjects. As you have failed in maths subject so you have to apply for the improvement examination and if you qualify in that examination then only you will be eligible to apply for polytechnic entrance examination and then after the course.
15th December 2017, 06:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can not apply for polytechnic examination after failing in mathematics subject. You must pass in all subject then only you can become eligible for competitive examination of polytechnic.

The next step for you is to apply for compartment exam of Mathematics and clear it to become eligible for Mathematics.
15th December 2017, 07:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for polytechnic examination after failing mathematics subject.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for polytechnic exam is :

Candidate should have passed all subjects of tenth standard then only he can apply for competitive exam otherwise not.
15th December 2017, 10:51 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for Polytechnic after failing in Mathematics examination of your 10th standard. A candidate must have completed 10th standard with a minimum of 40% marks and must have studied English, Mathematics and Science in the qualifying examination from a recognized board.
You need to reappear and qualify in the Maths examination in order to be eligible for Polytechnic engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?