18th June 2023, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

May I directly write a NET exam after B.Tech?

I'm B.Tech graduated. And specialized in Apparel Technology. May I directly write a NET exam?

21st June 2023, 06:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: May I directly write a NET exam after B.Tech?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required for getting a valid UGC NET certificate is a Master's degree in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or even 50% marks in aggregate in case of candidates from reserved category) from a recognized university.

Further, for the validity of the UGC NET certificate one needs to attain the minimum educational requirement for the same within a period of 2 years from the date of declaration of the UGC NET result of the cycle in which the student has managed to qualify.

So, you can attempt UGC NET directly after completion of your B.Tech. degree course but your NET certificate will be valid only if you attain the minimum educational requirement within 2 years of the date of result declaration of the cycle for which you have managed to qualify as stated above.
21st June 2023, 07:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot directly write the NET exam after B.Tech.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test (NET) .

The minimum educational qualification required to appear for the NET exam is a master's degree in any discipline.
B.Tech graduates can appear for the CSIR-NET exam.

The eligibility criteria for the CSIR-NET exam for B.Tech graduates are:
A bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university or institution.
A minimum of 60% marks (or an equivalent grade) in the bachelor's degree.
A valid GATE score.

If you are a B.Tech graduate and you are interested in pursuing a career in research, you can appear for the CSIR-NET exam. The exam is a good way to gain eligibility for fellowships and other research opportunities.
22nd June 2023, 02:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not. Eligible to write NET exam after graduation. You have to complete your master's to be eligible to write the exam.
23rd June 2023, 10:28 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot directly write the NET exam after B.Tech.

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a postgraduate level exam conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for eligibility as a lecturer in colleges and universities.

The eligibility criteria for the NET exam is given below:-

You must have a master's degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
You must have secured at least 55% marks in your master's degree.
You must be a citizen of India.
You must have a valid teaching experience certificate (if applicable).

Since you have a B.Tech degree, you are not eligible to apply for the NET exam. However, you can apply for the CSIR-NET exam, which is a similar exam conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for eligibility as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in scientific disciplines.
The eligibility criteria for the CSIR-NET exam is the same as the NET exam, except that you do not need to have a master's degree.
23rd June 2023, 03:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in the UGC NET just after the completion of your B.Tech. degree course but you need to make sure that you complete your Master's degree course in the discipline relevant to your NET paper discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or 50% marks in aggregate in case you belong reserved category) within a period of two years from the date of result declaration of UGC NET cycle in which you have appeared.

For complete details and FAQs related to UGC NET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
23rd June 2023, 09:23 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can directly write the NET (National Eligibility Test) exam after completing your B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree. The NET exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in India and is primarily used to determine the eligibility of candidates for the role of Assistant Professor and for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in various Indian universities and institutions.

To be eligible for the NET exam, you need to fulfill certain criteria such as having a master's degree or equivalent in the relevant subject with a minimum percentage of marks (usually 55% for general category candidates and 50% for reserved category candidates). However, if you have completed your B.Tech degree and are interested in pursuing research or a career in teaching, you can appear for the NET exam in subjects related to engineering and technology.
24th June 2023, 04:26 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

B. Tech students are not eligible to give UGC exams because UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted to determine the eligibility of candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in various universities and colleges in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?