1st November 2014, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?

Hello
I'm in last year of diploma in mechanical engg.
I'm doing diploma after 10th.
After diploma I want to do deegree in IIT. Is it possible.?
how.? what is eligibility.? and what is the procedure of admission.?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering on the basis of 10th standard
  2. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  3. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  4. How to pursue Robotics engineering or IIT(degree) after completing diploma?
  5. can I opt for exams for IHM after passing 12th standard?
  6. Procedure for admission in degree of Military Engineering after doing diploma course in Mechanical?
  7. How to take admission in engineering college after completing diploma?
  8. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
  9. How to get admission in degree after completing diploma mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Best option after completing 10th? Which is preferable diploma in engineering(mechanical) or 12th science? I've passed 10th with 81% marks
  11. What is the procedure to get admission in IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. Can I get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering course?
  13. What is the criteria and procedure for taking admission in Degree College after completing Diploma from I.T.?
  14. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  15. Can I pursue engineering after scoring 42% in 10th exams? In which type of engineering diploma colleges can I get? Eligibility criteria for it?
  16. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  17. Diploma in architecture after passing 10th with 55%?
  18. Admission procedure of Ph.D program in rural development in IIT? Eligibility criteria?
8th November 2014, 11:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?

Sorry, IITs and NITs don't allow admission to Diploma Engineering candidates because there is no lateral entry admission available in these Institutes.

Only 10+2 candidates can get admission in IITs on the basis of marks in the JEE Mains and Advanced. Therefore, you have to take admission in some other colleges which offer admission through lateral entry exam.

There are many good Universities across India which give admission on the basis of Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). You can apply for it and you will be eligible for getting admission in 2nd year of Engineering Graduation.
9th June 2015, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?

Not possible after completing diploma in mechanical engineer as iit do no hve any entrance xm after complete diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?