9th July 2015, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to write NDA exam without having 12th certificate but have equivalent certificate?

Sir, I am a student of diploma engg. of mechanical branch. sir I joined diploma after 10th having 80% mark and diploma in a govt. School and avg. is 76%. Sir I have no 12th certificate but diploma which is equivalent to 12th. sir and my age is 17 sir may i apply for nda exam.

12th July 2015, 05:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to write NDA exam without having 12th certificate but have equivalent certificate?

If your qualification is equivalent to 10+2 then surely you will be eligible for NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years and you should be an unmarried male Indian citizen. Selection is purely based on merit and you have to crack the exam and interview to get the job.
12th July 2015, 06:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to write NDA exam without having 12th certificate but have equivalent certificate?

No, you are not eligible to write NDA (National Defense Academy) and NA (Naval Academy) Examination being a Diploma holder. Yes, Diploma qualification is equivalent to 12th Class, but even then it is not equal to 12th Class. I can clearly clarify that, Diploma Candidates are not at all eligible to write NDA Examination. The basic educational qualification required in order to sit of NDA Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern only and not in 10+3 pattern.

>> Diploma Holders (10+3) - Are NOT Eligible

>> Intermediate Holders (10+2) - Are Eligible

The minimum age criteria required in order to give NDA Examination is "16.5 years" and the Maximum age must not exceed 19 years. And there is no age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per government of India rules. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA Examination. Since you joined Diploma course directly after 10th Class, I am really sorry to say that you did not meet the required eligibility Criteria.
12th July 2015, 07:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can write NDA examination by having certificate equivalent to 12th standard. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and maximum age must not exceed more than 19 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
12th July 2015, 10:12 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No it is not possible to write NDA exam with out 12th. First thing you need to have 10+2 with minimum 70% of marks from the recognized university. And also you have studied 12th with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

So then only you are eligible to apply for NDA. For further details regarding NDA Examination you can see the Official notification from the UPSC official website.

Eligibility criteria for NDA examination :

<> You should complete 10+2 with minimum 70% of marks with Maths, Physics and chemistry from the recognized university.

<> Minimum Age should be : 16 years

Maximum Age : 19 1/2 years

<> Final year candidates of 12th can also eligible to apply for NDA.

<> Selection process will be based on Written Examination and SSB Interview.
13th July 2015, 01:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a student of diploma engg. of mechanical branch. sir I joined diploma after 10th having 80% mark and diploma in a govt. School and avg. is 76%. Sir I have no 12th certificate but diploma which is equivalent to 12th. sir and my age is 17 sir may i apply for nda exam.
After completion of diploma course you are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply for technical post only.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Only 12th standard candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Selection process for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but others 3 steps are conducted by SSB.
13th July 2015, 06:29 PM
pointer01

Hello,

Yes dear, You can apply for NDA if you have no 12th certificate as you have Diploma degree which is equivalent to class 12th.

Eligibility criteria for NDA-

Nationality-
Candidate must be an Indian.

Age Limit, Sex, Marital Status-
Only unmarried male candidate can apply whose minimum age must be 16.5 years and maximum age should be 19 years.

Educational Qualification-
For Indian Army- Candidate must have 12th passed or equivalent course from recognized university.

For Air Force12th or equivalent course with Physics and Maths.

All the best.
21st September 2021, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I Have 12th equivalent certificate Now i can get Admission in Nursing???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?