6th February 2011, 03:54 PM
Amanjeet1993

How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Name:Amanjeetsingh,
DOB:12-2-1993

Hello,
I want to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force(IAF). But i don't know what are the requirements.So please can anyone help me out ?

Sincerely,
Amanjeet

6th February 2011, 04:36 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Hi,

It is a good thing that you want to make a career in the Indian Air Force and serve the nation. Id be most glad to help you out.

*You can take entry into the IAF through giving NDA exam.

*If you are studying in class 12 or have already passed the same, then you are eligible to give NDA exam.

*There are 66 seats in the National Defence Academy(NDA) for IAF candidates.

*Prescribed age limit is 16.5 years-19 years.
ie, You must be Born Between 2nd Jan to 1st Jul for Dec Course and 2nd Jul to 1st Jan for Jul Course.

*Minimum Acceptable height is 157.6 cms.

*The NDA exam is conducted twice in a year in all major citiea across India.
NDA I is conducted in the month of April
NDA II is conducted in the month of October.

*Minimum Qualification : You must be studying in class 12 or have passed the same of 10+2 System of Education or Equivalent with Physics and Maths for Air Force.

*Marital Status : Un Married.

*Application to be Received by : 10-15 Nov for Jan Course and 10-15 Apr for July Course

*Likely Dates Of SSB : Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr

I hope the above information helps you out.

For any further help, feel free to ask me.

Also, visit the following link for details:

As an officer Intermediate:http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ermediate.html

How to Apply:
http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_..._howapply.html

Selection Procedure:
http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...r_selproc.html

Jai Hind!
6th February 2011, 05:14 PM
pawank

hi,
you prepare exam of N.D.A. or indian air force like as:-C.D.S. or ues etc.
6th February 2011, 07:14 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
at your age ,the best way to become an indian air force pilot is to write and clear the NDA EXAM,
even after clearing the nda exam there are many other special considerations for joining the air force.
first of all your eye sight should be perfect,without any repair don on it,
also they will check your body and find whether the build up of your body can take the g forces which an pilot experiences,
and most important point to note is that you have to pass an stimulation program to become an pilot,and if you fail that exam you will never in your life will get another chance to become an pilot,
all the best
6th February 2011, 07:25 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

Its good that you want to join in air force and serve the country well.Yes you can join in air force and the eligibility criteria for joining air force is that you need to have minimum pass certificate of 12 standard and equivalent to it.You need to attain the minimum age of 19 years and above and should have studied maths and physics in your plus 2.You can write NDA exam which is conducted twice a year.If you would like to join right after the completion of 12th standard than you can go for NDA exam or can write CDS exam if you have completed degree.

Best of luck.
7th February 2011, 12:39 AM
diego
Banned

Well though you have not given you educational qualification.
considering your age .. you can appear for NDA.
if you are a 12th appearing or 12th passed .. you are eligible to apply for NDA.
also the age limit is 16 1/2 to 19 years.
Through NDA you can join Indian Airforce Academy,Begumpet.
so nda.nic.in/
But you will get one more chance after grauduation when you can appear for CDSE
which can get you into IAF and your dream.
you must fulfill physical criterias to get into IAF.
careerairforce.nic.in/
also visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
Physical Standard : Minimum Height 157.5 Cm for Men, 152 Cm for Women with correlated weight
only unmarried candidates are eligible.
7th February 2011, 09:46 AM
xavi

freind hi,

--go for CDSE exam
--age-above 23 less than 30yrs

]--1)when you complete your bachelor degree then there is an entry called as UES,you will be called for SSB directly according to you marks in graduation.
2)you can write CDSE,which is held twice a year by UPSC.

--for more info keep visiting:

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
7th February 2011, 01:27 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanjeet1993 View Post

Hello,
I want to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force(IAF). But i don't know what are the requirements.So please can anyone help me out ?

Sincerely,
Amanjeet
Dear Amanjeet
Greeting for the day;

To Became a Indian Air Force pilot you have to Clear the combined Defense service Examination conducted by UPSC to join the Flying Branch of Indian Airforce.
to get the application forms you have to regular touch with the Employment newspaper specially March and september every year.

for more details visit the official website of Indian Airforce:

http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

Thanks
7th February 2011, 02:01 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Quote:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amanjeet
Way to Become A Prestigious Pilot Officer

There are Lot of Way one can Become a Flying Officer in Indian Air Force. And yes you are Eligible For following NDA exam. Through which you can full fill your Desire.

Entry after 12 Class
One Is through NDA i.e National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC government Every Year.

This Exam is Held twice In a year, If you don't crack One then you can fill up for the Another One.

One of the Exam which is NDA I is on April This year. Notification For the April Exam was out in the Month of October and it stayed up to November.

There is One more Exam NDA II which held in the month Of August. And its Notification comes in the month of April and stays up till May.

Educational And other Criteria

For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University

Even Diploma Guy can also write NDA Exam.

Age:-16½ - 19 years as on 01.01.2012 It Is for NDA I and For nda II just add 6 months to the date i.e 16½ -19 half as on 01.07.2012.

Entry after Graduation:-

Entry is Through CDSE. i.e combined Defense Service Exam this is also Held twice in a year.

For more INformation YOu can have look on upsc Official website www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2011, 02:48 PM
jacqulinprincy

As per ur age limit now there is no possibilty for you to become piolet but i would suggest you to join aeronauticals to become piolet in future.
7th February 2011, 04:12 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amanjeet
hello friend.
to be an pilot in Indian Army, you have to join INDIAN AIR FORCE.
After you join the Indian Air Force, they ensure that you increase your expertise and knowledge. they organise a number of training programs designed to help you gain proficiency as a pilot and tackle more responsibilities in related fields.

The following are some training programs organised for the Flying Branch:

1. Ab-Initio Pilots Course
2. Transport Conversion Course
3. Qualified Flying Instructors Course
4. Test Pilot Course
5. Flight Test Engineer Course
6. Pilot Attack Instructors Course
7. Fighter Combat Leader Course
in this way you can become an skillful pilot of INDIAN AIR FORCE and can make our country feel proud for you..........
So best of luck...
11th February 2011, 07:44 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Since you didn't mentioned your educational qualification hence i cannot provide you the exact information.You have many options to go through after completing your 12th and even after completing your Graduation course in Engineering.

The exam conducted mainly after completing your 12th in PCM background with 60% is NDA examination which is conducted by the UPSC board.This exam is conducted twice in an year.You can even go through the SSB board if you go an aggregate above 70% in your 12th in each of the subject in PCM(Physics,Chemistry,Maths).

There are many more examinations which are conducted after completing your Graduation course like CDS examination,Indian Air Force Pilot's Examination,IAF Aeronautical Engineering Officers Examination.

The eligibility varies for each and every examination hence its better that you visit the official website of the UPSC or the Employment News where the notification details are published.

http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th February 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/Madam ,

I am Narinder Singh belong to nawanshahar (Punjab).I'm 22 year old. I have completed my Bachelor degree in hotel management(4 years) after 10 2 . So ,please let me know that how to apply for become a PILOT in IAF & What I should have to do for applying that.
I shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness.

Your's faithfully

Narinder Singh
22nd February 2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

can i join I.A.F after completing my electrical engg. degree.
19th March 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

sir,my age is gone over it is 23 and i am 12 commerce pass but i want to joint the Indian Air Force is there any common exam or anything to join please tell me i will do anything to join The Indian Air Force
22nd March 2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

respected madam\sir,
i want to know 1. what is maximum age limit for being an IAF pilot
2.can i become IAF pilot after graduation
28th March 2011, 05:01 AM
Unregistered

respected sir\madam
what is the maximum age for being an IAF pilot and what should be the min height?
what should i do for joining an IAF that i may drive the fighter plane
please send me this request as soon as possible at [email protected]
29th March 2011, 10:52 PM
sumit9897gaur

For a career in flying, the IAF offers unlimited avenues. The sheer variety of aircraft in the Air Force inventory is mind boggling.

A Fighter Pilot:
MODE OF ENTRY
National Defence Academy
One of the premier Inter-Service Training Institutions of the world, it has a three - year course before one is inducted as a Pilot Trainee at the Air Force Academy.

Age Limit :- 16 ½ to 19 years

Educational Qualifications :- Minimum 10 + 2 with Physics and Mathematics.

Entrance :- Through a written examination conducted by UPSC followed by a Services Selection Board interview for those who pass the written examination.

Advertisement itinerary :- In the month of April/ November by UPSC. The format of application will be available in the Employment News. At the end of the NDA Course the candidate is awarded a B Sc degree by Pune University.

Air Force Academy (CDSE)

Age Limit :- 19 to 23 years

Educational Qualifications :- B Sc (Physics and/ or Mathematics) or B E.
(You should be a B Sc (Maths) or B Sc (Physics)).
Entrance :- Through a written examination conducted by UPSC followed by a Services Selection Board interview for those who pass the written examination.
Advertisement itinerary :- In the month of April/ November by UPSC. The format of application will be available in the Employment News. Successful candidates join the Air Force Academy directly for Pilot Training.
9th April 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to go in air force. i want to become a pilot. but my left hand is weak. so can u tell me can i join air force ? and one more thing tell me that which take i side in 12th arts,commerce.&non-medical. sir plz reply at [email protected] plz sir mere email par mail jarur karna as soon as possible.my no. is 919034231950 plz sir call me or email me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my name is vishal from panipat (haryana).
9th April 2011, 11:30 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Hi friend,
you can join in indian airforce through two types of exams called NDA and CDS ENTRANCE Exams.
10th April 2011, 06:01 AM
pawank

hi,
I give some matireal for join the IAF .May be it's helpful to you,like as:->

You can take entry into the IAF through giving NDA exam.

->If you are studying in class 12 or have already passed the same, then you are eligible to give NDA exam.

->There are 66 seats in the National Defence Academy(NDA) for IAF candidates.

->Prescribed age limit is 16.5 years-19 years.
ie, You must be Born Between 2nd Jan to 1st Jul for Dec Course and 2nd Jul to 1st Jan for Jul Course.

->Minimum Acceptable height is 157.6 cms.

->The NDA exam is conducted twice in a year in all major citiea across India.
NDA I is conducted in the month of April
NDA II is conducted in the month of October.

->Minimum Qualification : You must be studying in class 12 or have passed the same of 10+2 System of Education or Equivalent with Physics and Maths for Air Force.

->Marital Status : Un Married.

YOU CAN TAKE ALSO ENTERY IN PILOT COACHING CENTER,BANGLURU.IT'S LINE ALSO HELPFUL TO YOU.
BEST OF LUKE AND TAKE CARE.
14th April 2011, 11:06 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amanjeet
Hey friend,

For the information regarding IAF i have attached a file which will explain you.

Thank you.
14th April 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Helo,i m aryan i want to becom pilot officer but ek prob hai,main chasma lagata hun mere chasme k power hai -1.75.
Kya main pilot banpaunga??
14th April 2011, 11:13 PM
hari om yadav

dear
you can become a pilot after 12th and also graduation.
after 12th you can get by NDA and after graduation by CDS.
15th April 2011, 08:05 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

dear friend, There are Lot of Way one can Become a Flying Officer in Indian Air Force. And yes you are Eligible For following NDA exam. Through which you can full fill your Desire.

Entry after 12 Class
One Is through NDA i.e National Defense Academy which is conducted by UPSC government Every Year.

This Exam is Held twice In a year, If you don't crack One then you can fill up for the Another One.

One of the Exam which is NDA I is on April This year. Notification For the April Exam was out in the Month of October and it stayed up to November.

There is One more Exam NDA II which held in the month Of August. And its Notification comes in the month of April and stays up till May.

Educational And other Criteria

For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University

Even Diploma Guy can also write NDA Exam.

Age:-16½ - 19 years as on 01.01.2012 It Is for NDA I and For nda II just add 6 months to the date i.e 16½ -19 half as on 01.07.2012.

Entry after Graduation:-

Entry is Through CDSE. i.e combined Defense Service Exam this is also Held twice in a year.

For more INformation YOu can have look on upsc Official website www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2011, 09:00 AM
Aaryan kishore

Smile Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Hi dr, u r asking good question,
fir
15th April 2011, 09:07 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Dear friend,

You can became pilot by two ways--

1st through NDA .

2nd through CDSE.

1. The eligibility criteria for NDA -

Candidates who have completed 12th or going to appear for the class 12 or its equal exam are also suitable to submit an application for this exam.

Candidates who are appearing for the NDA exam must be unmarried males. The age must be between 161/2 years to 19 years on 1st January or on 1st July 1st of the year subsequent to the year of the exam.

2. Through CDSE(Combined Defense Services examination)-

Qualification required- Any graduate degree/BE/B Tech degree and having passed Physics and maths in class 12th.

Age limit- 19-23 years

Month of exam- It is conducted twice a year. In the month of April and September.

For more information you can visit website .

http://www.nda.nic.in/

With best wishes!!!!!!!
15th April 2011, 05:30 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

You can join IAF as a pilot by appearing in NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Minimum educational qualification for this examination is to be 12th passout with any of the stream. Age limit should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

To join IAF the candidate must have PCM at 10+2.
15th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,my age is gone over it is 23 and i am 12 commerce pass but i want to joint the Indian Air Force is there any common exam or anything to join please tell me i will do anything to join The Indian Air Force
10+2 passouts students can join IAF by appearing in NDA examination but for that the candidate must be of age in between 16 1/2 to 19 years, so unfortunately you are not eligible for the exam but you can still join IAF as a pilot by appearing in CDS examination which is another examination conducted by UPSC.

To be eligible for this examyou must have graduate degree.
15th April 2011, 08:17 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join I.A.F after completing my electrical engg. degree.
Yes you can join Indian Air force after completing Electrical engineering.

For that you have to appear in Air force common test or CDS or GDOC exam.

Eligibility Criteria

1.Age:

a) 19 to 23 for CDS, flying and GDOC.
b) 21 to 28 for technical entry (EKT)

2.Educational Qualification:

a) for CDS, flying and GDOC graduation with physics and maths.
b) for EKT entry B.E/B.Tech.

For complete details please visit official website of Air force.

All the Best...
3rd May 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I want to become an PILOT in INDIAN AIRFORCE.What is procedure
20th May 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

how to become a piolet after b.e in cs branch
28th May 2011, 04:43 PM
nishant baliyan

hello sir, its glad to see that you are helping us out to become an IAF pilot. Actually my question is that i am 21 years old and iam a commercial pilot. My educational qualification is (10+2) with physics and maths and iam currently pursuing my bsc in aviation. I meet all the physical requirements for the service but i saw somewhere over the internet that educational qualification should be bsc in physics and maths. please help and clear the doubts.
thank u..
4th June 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of B tech 1st year in CS branch .I want to become a pilot in Indian Air Force so please tell me that what should i do

Jai Hind Jai Bharat
12th June 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i have done 10 2 with pcm nd i want to be a aeronautical eng.. So will u plz help me out.
13th June 2011, 12:56 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Anyone can join the INDIAN AIR FORCE at various levels means one can join just after 12th or after graduationoe engg. or p.g at the officer rank post.

For becoming a pilot you should join the flying traning course.

You will have to write the pilot aptitude test conducted by UPSC.thenafter common selection procedure is done and you will be selected for medical examination.

You have clear the NDA if you are at 12th level,CDSE if you are from ug course.

please go here:-http://http://careerairforce.nic.in/home12.html
14th June 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir
I m amarpal
I wants 2 know that is there any other procedure rather then NDA?
14th June 2011, 08:24 PM
sachin6

Hi,you prepared for nda exam. Age limit is 16-19. You are eligible.the pilot have some physical requirements.then one graduate degree is required.
26th June 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

cant we direct apply for air force without nda exam?
will u help out sir?
4th July 2011, 03:43 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Post Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

hello Aman,

It is the best time for you right now to apply for the NDA exam to write for Airforce . For the current year NDA II registration is closed. You can apply for NDA I 2012 in the month of april.

For further you can check www.upsc.gov.in
5th July 2011, 12:19 AM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amanjeet

Dear Friend,

Please achieve your goal through NDA exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC
twice in a year. Once you clear exam you will be called for SSB interview.

If you would clear SSB than you will be given chance through a merit list prepared by the UPSC.

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Ramjash
19th August 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

what is syllabus for CDSE ?
19th August 2011, 04:35 PM
keerti kaushik

To Serve nation is very good effort. You should go for-
1. NDA or CDS exams. But 12th with pcm (55-60% marks). NDA exams is conducted twice every year- in April and october.
2. Your eye sight should be perfect.
3. You may also join flying traning course.
4. Age should be 19-23.
1st September 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

yes,i have a qutions.what the recomended in 10 for joing the iaf?
12th September 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

hello sir mai 2pcm se kar reha hoo i wanna to be an pilot in indian air force so mujhe 2 me kitne % lane padnge or kis subject me acchi knowldge honi chhiye mai haryana board se hoo this is my dream???????????????????????so pls reply
22nd September 2011, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

i am adam sir,my date of birth is 14/12/1993 can i write 2012(1)NDA EXAM to join in indian air force.
28th September 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

my eyesight power is about -2.75. Am i applicable for FLYING BRANCH OF Indian air force????????
11th October 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari om yadav View Post
dear
you can become a pilot after 12th and also graduation.
after 12th you can get by NDA and after graduation by CDS.
iam a suden of class10 in
24th November 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Can someone give NDA exam in class 11.
29th January 2012, 12:44 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Hello,

Sincerely,
Amanjeet
HI,
You can join Indian Air force after passing 12th with physics and maths.
For this you have to qualify the entrance exam known as N.D.A.

N.D.A is National Defence Academy.
N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2012
Date of Notification:-31.12.2011
Last date of receipt of form:-30.01.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-15.04.2012(SUNDAY)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?