14th August 2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Recognition of Cardiology Diploma course for a 67 years old Doctor whose certificates are approved by External Affairs Ministry and Indian Embassy of Austria?

Hi,
I have done Diploma in Cardiology from University of Vienna with an award degree ceremony in University. I have MBBS degree from GSVM Medical college, Kanpur in and registered with UP Medical Council with valid registration number. I am practicing in Cardiology only as a Consultant Cardiologist with 2D Echo and TMT. I am life member of Echocardiography Society of India and I am a life member of Cardiological Society of India. I have been awarded Fellowship degree by Cardiological Society of India in award ceremony in CSI Conference. I want to know that what is my legal status of practicing in UP in India as a Cardiologist? My total experience in Exclusive Cardiac Practice is of 38 years which is 10 years in Abroad and 28 years in India. What is my status of Diploma which I have done from University OF Vienna, Austria? All my Diploma and experience certificates are duly certified from External Affairs Ministry of Austria and Indian Embassy of that country. I want to know the Recognition of my Diploma and experiences in India. I shall be thankful for the guidance in this matter as I am 67 years of age.

12th April 2023, 12:25 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Recognition of Cardiology Diploma course for a 67 years old Doctor whose certificates are approved by External Affairs Ministry and Indian Embassy of Austria?

As a medical professional practicing in India, you are subject to the regulations and guidelines set by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the state medical councils. In order to practice cardiology in Uttar Pradesh, you must be registered with the Uttar Pradesh Medical Council and fulfill their requirements for registration.

Regarding your diploma in cardiology from the University of Vienna, Austria, the MCI recognizes foreign qualifications if they are listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (https://www.wdoms.org/). You can search for your university in this directory to see if it is recognized by the MCI. If your diploma is not listed in the directory, you may need to undergo a screening test conducted by the MCI to assess your knowledge and skills.

In addition to fulfilling the registration requirements, it is important that you adhere to the ethical guidelines and standards of practice set by the medical council. As a consultant cardiologist with 38 years of experience, you are likely aware of these guidelines and the importance of maintaining high standards of practice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?