5th March 2011, 07:49 PM
MAYURBHAI

Am I eligible for IPS exam after doing 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology after 12th?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have done 3 years diploma in Hotel management & Catering technology after 12th, so can i give Exam for IPS ?

Related Questions:
  1. Having done Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology am I eligible for BHMCT?
  2. Three years Diploma holder in Hotel Management & Catering is eligible to be an IAS or IPS Officer?
  3. How to get a job after doing 3 years diploma in hotel management and catering technology
  4. Can we do hotel management and catering together? I am doing 12th and want to do Hotel Management after 12th?
  5. Whether Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology course is available? Entrance exam for this course? Whether a candidate get admission in degree course after completing diploma?
  6. Can I apply for IAS or IPS exam if completed three years diploma programme in Hotel Management and Catering?
  7. Can i take up Hotel Management as a career after 11th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology for 11th Arts student?
  9. Vacancies available in governemnt undertakings for Diploma in Management and Catering Technology in Housekeeping Management?
  10. Can i get government job after Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering?
  11. Eligibility to get Diploma(Hotel & Catering Management) admission in Periyar University for a candidate who has completed 12th about 4 years ago? -- [New]
  12. How to go for higher studies after completing my diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology from IHMCT Chennai?
  13. Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree?
  14. Converting Hotel Management Diploma to BSc in Hotel Management by giving extra papers
  15. Can I get job in Government sector if completed Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology and having 2 years of experience in Hotel Industry?
  16. Graduation Courses in Hotel Management after Diploma in Hotel Management and Experience
  17. List of colleges offering culinary arts courses in Hyderabad?
  18. What is the qualification for IPS? I have 3 years diploma in hotel management
6th March 2011, 12:07 AM
yogs.singh

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after doing 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology after 12th?

yes you are eligible for the IPS exam

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs,
Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring

Age Limit

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

Preliminary examinations

The prelims are held around May-June.It has objective ie multiple choice questions. There are two papers (duration of each being 2 hrs).

a) General studies
b) Optional subject
6th March 2011, 01:39 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS exam after doing 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology after 12th?

sorry you are not eligible

You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of
filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30
years
of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).

You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of
any of the Universities.
6th March 2011, 01:59 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

For becoming an IPS you need to appear for the Civil Service Exam or the CSAT that is conducted by the UPSC.

According to UPSC guidelines, you need to complete graduation to give the CSAT exam.

Since, you have done diploma and not completed your graduation, so you are not eligible.

However, if you complete your graduation before the upper age limit specified then you can sit for the exam.

Upper Age limit:

For General:30 Years
For OBC:33 Years
For SC/St:35 years.
6th March 2011, 04:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

For this exam only graduates are allowed to apply. There is no relaxation in this criteria. So you cannot apply for this exam. You need to first complete your graduation. Also there is an age limit of 30 years beyond which you will not be eligible to apply.
15th March 2011, 03:03 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IPS Exam Eligibility:
Age Eligibility:
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.

Academic Eligibility:
You must be a graduate from a recognized university.

For details :www.upsc.gov.in
30th June 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I am giving my 6 semester back exam of B.Sc (IT) from sikkim manipal university. Can I give the IPS or IAS exam.
8th December 2011, 08:16 PM
ibad.786

Hi friend, you are not eligible for IPS exam conducted by UPSC as the eligibility for appearing in the exam is, you must have have a bachelors degree in any field. After completing your Diploma, you may apply for bachelors degree in hotel management and after aquiring degree, you may appear for the exam. Best of luck.
26th January 2012, 02:57 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYURBHAI View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have done 3 years diploma in Hotel management & Catering technology after 12th, so can i give Exam for IPS ?
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.P.S exam after passing the diploma course.

If you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass the graduation with any stream from recognized university.

I.P.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
18th December 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for IPS i am doing bsc degre in catering science?
28th January 2015, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for bank P.O exam after doing 3 year Bachelor%u2019s degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology after 12th?
10th February 2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for UPSC or any other competitive exams after competing a 3 years course in BSc. Culinary Arts from Symbiosis?
23rd October 2019, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my hotel management 4 year degree after that I eligible to write ips or ias exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?