24th August 2014, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Two year PGDM holder is eligible for NET in Management subject?

I am done with my PGDM programme of two years with aicte approved institute i am eligible for NET Entrance in management subject.
[email protected]

30th August 2014, 11:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Two year PGDM holder is eligible for NET in Management subject?

Sorry Post Graduate Diploma holders are not eligible for UGC NET. One must have a Master's Degree with 55% marks from a recognized University, then only he/she can apply for UGC NET, which is a exam for those who want to become a lecturer in colleges.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to SC/ST, OBC and Physically handicapped. Hence, if you want to become eligible for UGC NET then you have to complete a Master's Degree in your relevant stream to become eligible for that subject.

You may be thinking that PGDM and MBA both are of 2 years then why PGDM students are not eligible for UGC NET. This is because it is simply a Diploma course and is not equivalent to a Master's Degree and also the syllabus vary a lot in both the courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?