23rd February 2011, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam after Economics Honors and PGDM in Finance?

Hello,
Can you please tell me if i can apply for net exam...i have done economics (HONS.) with 61% and Post Graduation diploma in management with 67%??
Please reply soon.
Thnx

I have done Eco.(Hons) & PGDM(Finance)..Am I eligible for NET exam?

23rd February 2011, 05:40 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam after Economics Honors and PGDM in Finance?

Any Postgraduate who has passed out from a recognised institute can appear for the NET exam. So if you have pursued postgraduation from a recognised institute you can appear for the NET exam. You will need to select the subject based on what you have studied during Postgraduation. So since you can choose Management area as the optional subject. The next exam is scheduled for June so must start preparing immediately.
23rd February 2011, 07:02 AM
ROOPA SAMAL

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam after Economics Honors and PGDM in Finance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Can you please tell me if i can apply for net exam...i have done economics (HONS.) with 61% and Post Graduation diploma in management with 67%??
Please reply soon.
Thnx

I have done Eco.(Hons) & PGDM(Finance)..Am I eligible for NET exam?

hi......

yes you can apply for net ..
for net exam you only need to to masters in the subject..

there is no age limit for net....
23rd February 2011, 09:45 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No you cannot apply for the NET exam as you have done post graduate DIPLOMA.The eligibility criteria for the NET exam is-
1. A student must have a post graduate degree means He must be a M.A in HIS subject.
2. He have secured 55% marks in His masters degree.
You cannot apply for NET exam after economics honors & PGDM in finance.
23rd February 2011, 10:23 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

For your information:

Qualification Criteria for NET exam
The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject. They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition. The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam.
  • Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit. There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
Official Information of UGC :
Address: University Grant Commission (U G C),
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi, Pin:110 002
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website : http://www.ugc.ac.in/

I hope this information was helpful. Good luck!!
23rd February 2011, 10:47 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yes i think you are eligible for NET examination. the eligibility criterion of NET examination is candidate should have minimum of master degree with 55% marks for general category candidate. reservation also available as per government rules for reserved candidate.

as you have already completed post graduation with 61% marks then i think you are eligible. but your course is not master degree as it PGDM. i think you should contact with NET office to know the exact information about your eligibility.

Mailing Address

University Grant Commission (U G C)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Pin:110 002
India

E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.ugc.ac.in/

Telephone and Fax
EPABX Nos. 23232701/23236735/ 23239437/ 23235733/23237721/23232317/ 23234116/23236351/23230813/ 23232485
UGC reception 23239627
Fax. Nos. 23231797 / 23232783 23239659/ 23231814

contact on this number
Information About NET/ Selection & Awards 24113447/24115419

here i am attaching the review of NET examination. for more details about NET examination visit the website http://www.ugc.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf net_review _mungekar.pdf(25.4 KB, 119 views)
23rd February 2011, 03:25 PM
biswaranjan9

the answer is

YES
23rd February 2011, 06:59 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

hello

yes you can give NET exam as you have got 67% in pg course so it mean that you are eligible for giving the exam

for more details you can directly refer to this link

http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/neteligibility.html
24th February 2011, 01:42 PM
biswaranjan9

Yes you can apply.
14th April 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

can i give net exam after Bsc pgdm in marketing and finance and what are the subjects?
29th May 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.Sc. honours grad in Horticulture & planning to do postgraduate diploma in ABM from NAARM.would i be elligible for NET exam after my PGDM in ABM ?
7th June 2011, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

i appear in net exam .as i have completed pgdmcan (hr) from symboisis university pune.pl guide me. raja
4th July 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

i have done eco honours in ba can i apply for ies upsc exam
17th August 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for NET exam after doing M.Sc in environmental science(in distance cource)? I have done B.Sc general(without honours).
20th December 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

i have done PGDM (MBA) am i eligible for net set
25th December 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

i m doing pgdm from autonomus college, can i apply for net
28th February 2012, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my graduation in B.A (ECO) and now i am perusing my MBA can i apply for net exam with my degree qualification or should i wait till i complete my PG
13th March 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam after PGDM in Material Management?
13th April 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

can i apply net exam after B.E.(IT)
please give me detail ..........
20th April 2012, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam after B.com & PGDM(finance Grading system) from Hyderabad University
6th September 2012, 10:41 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply net exam after B.E.(IT)
please give me detail ..........
Hello,
As you do not have a Masters degree,you cannot apply for the NET conducted by the UGC.

The miminum eligibility for NET is as follows-:

A Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities or Institutions recognized by UGC with minimum of 55% marks.

Those with in the final year in their Masters degree programme can also apply.
&
Also candidates with Post-Graduate Diploma/Certificate Courses provided their course is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities(AIU),New Delhi in accordance with the Master's Degree of Indian Universities.

You can follow this linkhttp://ugcnetonline.in/eligibility.php for more relevant information relating NET conducted by the UGC.

Good Luck.
6th September 2012, 11:05 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility for NET/SET

Gen/OBC candidate should have post graduate in any stream with 55% maks.

and SC/ST candidate should have post graduate in any stream with 55% maks.

Final year student also eligible for this.

for any details-http://ugcnetonline.in/index.php
7th September 2012, 02:00 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,
Eligibility for NET/SET

Gen/OBC candidate should have post graduate in any stream with 55% maks.

and SC/ST candidate should have post graduate in any stream with 55% maks.

Final year student also eligible for this.

for any details-http://ugcnetonline.in/index.php

regards
vidh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?