28th January 2014, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Custom House Agent being PGDM holder?

completed grauation in science stream with 57% and appeared in diploma in personnel management a pgdm course.am i eligible for cha?

28th February 2014, 09:28 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Custom House Agent being PGDM holder?

With the Graduation degree itself you are eligible to become Custom House Agent.As you have PGDM course it would be an added Advantage for you.Generally custom house agent is licensed to act as an agent fr the business transaction.Basically they deal with the transactions relating to the departure of conveyances of the both import and Export of the goods at customs station.

So the eligibility to become Customs house agent are as follows-You must have a minimum of Graduation from a recognized university.As you are with the Bachelor degree you no need to worry at all.You must have obtained a three year experience in the Customs clearance work,and you need to hold a pass degree in the Form G as an Employee of a particular company or else of a Firm or Industry.

There are various licence types namely Temporary,Regular license.You must have got bank certified assets of approximately Rs.1 lakh to around to Rs.50,000.Customs house agent is generally licensed with the transaction of business consisting of the entry as well as exit conveyances of the goods in customs station. Basically one year license is given by the commissioner of customs which is valid only for one year.

Also as I said,there are Permanent Licenses too which will be valid for up to Five years.So entire this issue of license depends on the Examinations such as Written and Oral exams conducted with in Two years.You must satisfy the minimum volume of business and must compile with the obligations specified.Generally this examination will be conducted Twice a year.Some of the tasks that you must do include Personal clearance,giving correct advice and more.
11th August 2019, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for Custom House Agent being PGDM holder?

Only graduation degree and PGDM are eligible for license or must have to experience and g card in custom clearence
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?