31st January 2016, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

What are the further studies to do after diploma in computer engineering?

I have passed my engg. diploma from Ludhiana polytechnic college,Ludhiana...now for further studies which course is best for me .I thought of b tech...but im too confused which one college is best for me in Ludhiana city ,khanna????????I have gor 74% marks in diploma..

31st January 2016, 08:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the further studies to do after diploma in computer engineering?

After completion of your three years Diploma in ComputerEngineering course, you can pursue your higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course or you can do a job. To get admission in Engineering course, you must have to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of foour years B.E/B.Tech course.
31st January 2016, 01:14 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the further studies to do after diploma in computer engineering?

It is nice to see you aspire for higher studies. B.Tech is the ideal course which you should be pursuing since you have completed your diploma in Computer engineering. You should appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test conducted by the council of technical education of Punjab. On the basis of your rank, you should choose the institute for your B.Tech course and get admission directly in the second year of B.tech course. You should choose the institute which provides better exposure facilities in the form of placement opportunities as per your score in the LEET. Apart from this, you can also appear for LEET of leading private universities in North India like Thapar, LPU, Amity, etc.
31st January 2016, 03:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

There are plenty of career options available after completion of diploma in Computer Engineering.
You can opt for these given below courses:

Bachelor of Technology/ Bachelor of engineering
Bachelor of Architecture
BBA
BCA
BA
BSc IT

You can appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Exam to get admission directly in 2nd year of degree course of Engineering.
31st January 2016, 05:13 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Marks in diploma is not important the thing which matters is your score in LEET entrance exam. So prepare for LEET entrance if you want to join b.tech course.

You also have another options like AMIE, Advance diploma etc. but according to my opinion b.tech is best among all. I am also a b.tech student from CSE trade and i know importance of this course. I suggest you to go for it.
1st February 2016, 12:24 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You are thinking exact track for your future. After completion of your diploma in computer engineering you should apply for the Lateral Entry entrance Exam. With the help of this exam you will get a good ranked institute for further education. So you should try to score a considerable good rank in your LEET exam. With the Lateral entry scheme you will get direct admission in the second year of your bachelor degree program. Now your course duration is only three years. After completion of your bachelor degree you can go for the job in HCL, Infosys, HP or any software company.
Best college for you in Ludhiana :

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College  

Address: Gill Park, Ludhiana, Punjab 141006
Phone:0161 250 2700

Bhutta College of Engineering and Technology
1st February 2016, 12:43 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Best course right after completion of diploma from any stream is "B.E/B.Tech " undoubtedly. Since with diploma and B.E/B.Tech the job opportunities will be high as compared to general candidates who have completed four year graduation course.

If you have more interest in further studies you can also do specializations in different subjects through M.E/M.Tech.

These are the options available for bright future and also you can do diploma in different subjects in Master's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?