31st January 2016, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to directly study MCA after Diploma completion?

Hi,

I have completed 3 year diploma in computer engineering from Technical Education Board of Kerala. Also, I have one year work experience in private software company. Now can i directly join MCA course on the basis of my present qualification?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to go for diploma directly after completion of 9th standard?
  2. Can I study MCA course directly having finished Diploma in Computer Technology?
  3. After BA, scope of MSC IT in IT Services? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I join diploma 2nd year directly after completion of ITI course?
  5. Can I directly do MS in Abroad? Is there MCA course in Abroad? Duration of MCA?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for B.A directly after completion of diploma 3 years course and 2 years PG diploma from Pune University?
  7. What is the procedure I need to follow to study abroad after completion of diploma course?
  8. Which is better to study among B.Sc and BCA in respect to job and salaries? Possibility to study MCA after completion of B.Sc?
  9. Is it possible to get admission for TET in 3rd year Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  10. How to get B.Tech degree having done ITI (MET)?
  11. What is the procedure to be followed for joining engineering directly to 3rd year after completion of diploma course?
  12. Can I apply directly or MS in abroad after BCA? Studying MCA abroad?
  13. What is the future course to take after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course?
  15. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Is it true that we can do 3rd year directly in Engineering after completion of diploma course?
  17. Which is best option after Matriculation? Diploma or higher secondary?
  18. How can I join MCA directly in 2nd year after completion of B.Com
31st January 2016, 10:04 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to directly study MCA after Diploma completion?

No, it is not possible to join MCA directly after completing your diploma course. For your kind information i want to tell you that MCA stands for Master of computer applications. Its a master level degree and can be pursued only after completing bachelor degree with minimum of 45% marks from any well recognized university/institute.
So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the bachelor degree on the basis of your diploma. Your bachelor degree course duration will be of three years. After that you can apply for the admission in MCA.
31st January 2016, 12:23 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to study MCA after Diploma.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have graduated from any recognised university in any discipline.
  • Candidate must have studied Mathematics in 12th class.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Course duration is 2 years.
31st January 2016, 01:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have completed 3 year diploma in computer engineering from Technical Education Board of Kerala. Also, I have one year work experience in private software company. Now can i directly join MCA course on the basis of my present qualification?
MCA is one of the post graduate course and this is a study of computer applications and related programming languages. The duration of the course is 3 years consisting of 6 semesters.

To join in this course the eligibility needed is candidate should have completed a under graduate degree and that can be from any stream but should have studied mathematics as subject in their respected +2. Candidate should have got at least 55% aggregate in their under graduate degree. There is no age limit needed for the course.

Regarding your case you are ineligible for applying for the MCA course because you are not satisfying the educational qualification needed. Having only completed diploma does not make you qualify for applying for the MCA course. You need to attempt to write the entrance exam for joining in MCA course.
31st January 2016, 02:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The candidates who are interested to pursue MCA( Master of Computer Application) have to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by top universities of our country.
Minimum qualification required is graduation with minimum 60% marks. The candidates with BCA ,BBA ,BTech, Bachelor of Science with mathematics as compulsory subject in class 12th can only apply.

No age limit in specified.

Top universities where you can apply:

Banaras Hindu University
Delhi University
Kerala University
Goa University
IGNOU
Nagpur University
Pune University
31st January 2016, 03:47 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No sir you cannot join MCA course on the behalf of just diploma. For joining MCA course you have to first complete BCA course.

After BCA you will be eligible for MCA which is a master degree course.

But don't worry you have another options like B.Tech & AMIE in same field. You can join b.tech course by using LEET entry scheme.
31st January 2016, 05:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates passed diploma are not eligible to get admission in MCA course directly.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and it is two year course after bachelor degree.

The eligibility to get admission in MCA course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics as main paper and have bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA course directly.
31st January 2016, 05:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

The eligibility criteria for MCA is bachelor's degree in stream like science, computer applications etc. One of the most important criteria is that you should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.

You are not eligible for MCA directly after diploma completion.
31st January 2016, 06:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to pursue MCA course after diploma degree.

To get admission in MCA course candidate have qualify in entrance examination conducted by different university. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

It is necessary to have mathematics in 10+2 examination for admission in MCA. To get more detail information about examination visit at official website of university in which you want to get admission.
31st January 2016, 06:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have interest in computer application can pursue this post graduate course called Master of Computer Applications. MCA provides candidates with lots of career and job opportunities.

Eligibility criteria for MCA:

>>Those who have done bachelor's degree like BBA, BCA, graduation in science can apply for course.

>>Candidate must have studied Mathematics as one of the important subject at 10+2 level.

>>There is no age limit regarding admission to this course.

You are not eligible for MCA as per your present qualification.
31st January 2016, 06:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to directly study MCA after completion of your three years Diploma course in Computer Science Engineering. To be eligible to pursue MCA course, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to study MCA course. So, I suggest you to pursue Bachelor's degree course after Diploma, so, that you are not eligible to pursue MCA course.
31st January 2016, 11:37 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No it is not possible to complete MCA right after completion of " Diploma " since to get a n admission for MCA you must have completed graduation either rivate or regular but you must complete it from the recognized university.

There is No age criteria but you should have had graduation as minimum eligibility and must submit the certificates at the time of admission.

In India to get good colleges for MCA you need to write some entrance exams which is conducted both by National and state level exams. You can opt any one of it and make a good score and then opt for good college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?