29th December 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

What should I study next after diploma in computer?

After diploma in computer what should I study next to it? I am looking for a quick response from your side. Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.

30th December 2015, 08:14 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study next after diploma in computer?

Computer is one of the interesting field for engineering and also have good scope in the current market. You have two options after completing your diploma in computer science. Either you can make your career by going for higher studies or you can go for the job after completing your diploma. If you go for the job then you will get a low pay scaled job. So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the bachelor degree in the computer science. For your kind information i want to tell you that after completing your diploma your course duration of bachelor degree will be only three years. After that you can go for the job at good rank.
30th December 2015, 05:12 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

After completion of diploma course you can purse various courses. Few of them are as follows:

* B.Tech in Computer science/ computer engineering/ computer science and engineering

* B.Tech in Information technology

* B.Sc in computer science

* B.Sc in Information technology

* Bachelor of computer application

* Postgraduate diploma in computer application

* Postgraduate diploma in computer networking

Apart form these you can purse certification courses related to computer science stream like .NET, JAVA, visual programming, C, C++, Data structures, Networking etc..,
30th December 2015, 05:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for admission in B.Tech computer science through lateral entry exam. Being a diploma holder you will be eligible for admission in second year of the B.Tech course.

There are lateral entry exams conducted on state level like JELET for West Bengal and UPSEE for Uttar Pradesh. You should apply for exam of your state to become eligible for government colleges.
30th December 2015, 09:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your three years Diploma course in Computer Science Engineering, you can pursue your higher studies in Bachelor's degree courses like B.E/B.Tech, etc.,. To get admission in B.E/B.Tech course, you must have to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
30th December 2015, 09:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Course Opportunities available after Diploma in Computers:

There are many course opportunities available to do after completion of Diploma in Computer course. Some of the best course options available to you are,

>> Bachelor of Engineering
>> Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
>> Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
>> Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
>> Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
>> Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
>> Bachelor of Arts course

Although there are many courses available, some of the above courses has good scope in future. As far as my knowledge is concerned, the best I would suggest you to do after Diploma in Computers is "B.E/ B.Tech in Computers". You may find several job opportunities after completion of B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science.
30th December 2015, 10:40 PM
monikasiri

Every student who complete their diploma has 2 options.You can either study further or do a job.Based on your diploma,you can get job in both private and public sector.In private sector you can get salary from 6,000-15,000.

If you want to study further you can join Engineering is second year as a lateral entry student.You should write an entrance exam conducted by the State Board of Technical Education.After ranks are allotted,counselling is conducted and college is allotted.You can also opt for open degree where you need not go to college.You should just submit Xerox copies of your certificates and attend the exams.Some colleges offer students to do engineering by just attending for practical examinations and the end exams.You can choose the better option which you like.It is suggestible to do job and simultaneously pursue Engineering.
30th December 2015, 10:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is good if you have completed your diploma in computer now you can go for degree course in computer such as BCA and then after it you can pursue MCA.

After these all you can definitely get a good job with high salary.
Moreover after completion of a degree you can appear in degree level exams :

SSC
IAS
RTO
PO
Clerical etc.
31st December 2015, 12:17 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After diploma in computer what should I study next to it? I am looking for a quick response from your side. Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.

There are many options like B.E or B.Tech or BCA or BSc computer science etc. You can do B.E or B.Tech through Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). The engineering is one of the best options. You can get many jobs in MNCs with engineering graduation. The IT industry jobs will fetch you more salary than any other fields. So the best option is to choose B.Tech in Computer Science.
31st December 2015, 12:04 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

As, you have done your diploma course you are now eligible to pursue bachelor degree course.

So, you can pursue B.tech or bachelor degree in any discipline. But according to me you should go with B.tech.

To get admission in B.tech you need to qualify in LEET examination for lateral entry in 2nd year in any recognised university.

You have other option also as to appear for Junior Engineer entrance examination to get selection for jobs.
1st January 2016, 12:10 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

After diploma in computer you are eligible to bachelor degree. So, you can pursue bachelor in technology or general bachelor degree.

As, you have diploma degree you can appear for LEET examination to get admission in 2nd year. But there will be no advantage in case of getting admission in honors course.

So, you need to pursue B.tech course. LEET examination is also conducted for admission in government colleges. Candidates passed diploma with 60% aggregate from recognised university are eligible to appear in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?