31st May 2015, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to get into merchant navy after diploma?

Dear Sir/Mam,

My brother is pursuing diploma in mechanical engineering after 10th. Is there any chance for joining merchant navy on basis of diploma.? Can you please let me know the information to apply for Merchant Navy based on diploma? Hope that I would get the answer soon!

Thanks.

13th June 2015, 02:32 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get into merchant navy after diploma?

To join Merchant Navy after the completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, the process is as follows;

You can go for Pre-sea Training course which has a course duration of 2 years after your Diploma course to become a class IV Marine Engineer.

Soon after having cleared this examination, you will however be eligible for job as a marine engineer in most of merchant naval ships.

One more thing you need to keep in mind is that physical fitness and eyesight is of utmost importance in this field, your eyesight should be 6/6 and should not be color blind as color blindness is not accepted in this field.

You will however, have to clear some written and physical tests in order to be able to clear Pre-sea training course.

You can even join B.Sc Nautical Science if you wish to after completion of your Diploma course or can get lateral entry via LEET exam in B.Tech Marine Engineering course.

And after having completed the above mentioned course you can easily apply for Marine Engineers post.
19th April 2017, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get into merchant navy after diploma?

Sir i am jaisingh Chauhan i have complete diploma in chemical technology fertilizer from govt polytechnic in 2016 how can i apply merchant navy please tell me
20th February 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in electronics engineering and my degree in same field as well.. and I want to apply for merchant navy. how can I proceed?? and I am currently 22 years old.
10th July 2022, 06:22 AM
Unregistered

I am 10th pass and completed 3 years diploma in electrical engineering from Tula's university. Please advice me how can I join merchent navy?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?