3rd June 2015, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Whether Diploma in Computer Application is equivalent to Graduation?

Hello,
I want to study Diploma in Computer Application course as I have completed my 10th this year. I would like to know that is this DCA course is a graduate level course or equal to Graduation?

8th June 2015, 08:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Diploma in Computer Application is equivalent to Graduation?

No, Diploma in Computer Application course is not equivalent to Graduation. Graduation course is the next level after completion of Diploma course. Diploma course has level value when compared to Graduation level courses like B.E/B.Tech/BBA/BCA. So, if you are interested to pursue Graduation course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you can pursue your higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course by appearing and qualifying LEET examination.
8th June 2015, 10:46 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Diploma in Computer Application is equivalent to Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to study Diploma in Computer Application course as I have completed my 10th this year. I would like to know that is this DCA course is a graduate level course or equal to Graduation?

Doing Diploma in Computer Application is possible after completing 10th. You are satisfying the qualification for doing the course as having completed 10th from a recognized school board. DCA is not a graduate level course, it only holds the value of +2 and by completing this you can join direct 2nd year in Engineering/Technology.

The colleges where you can prefer doing the course are:

# Government Polytechnic College, Thiruvananthapuram
# ABES Institute of Technology Ghaziabad
# NIIT, Delhi
# Ajay Binay Institute of Technology, Kozhikode
# Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
# Government Polytechnic for Women, Bangalore
# Sigma Institute of Engineering, Vadodara
# Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
9th June 2015, 07:38 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma in Computer Application is equivalent to Graduation, because diploma is not a Bachelor's course. To become a graduate, you should pursue any bachelors courses like B.E, B.Tech after the completion of your diploma course. You can join in B.E, B.Tech courses by appearing for Lateral entry entrance test. If you qualify in such exam, then you can directly join in second year of B.Tech.
9th June 2015, 11:15 PM
2010ae07biv
Member+

Diploma in computer application is not equivalent to graduation. Diploma is equivalent to 12th standard.

You can do graduation after diploma through LEET exam. LEET exam stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test which gives direct admission into 2nd year of Engineering degree.

DCA course is not graduate level course and not equal to graduation.
13th October 2015, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

can you tell me whether B.tech computer science can be considered as a higher qualification to the Diploma in Computer Applications , while applying for the government jobs in Kerala ?
15th October 2015, 07:49 PM
Jitu888

No. Diploma in Computer Application
is not equivalent to Graduation.

For graduation you need to complete diploma first or also after 12th.

Diploma is not equivalent to graduation. It is limited.
30th July 2016, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B.E in computer science after that can i needed for one year computer diploma course ya is that sufficient.
5th August 2016, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Is Diploma in computer science equivalent to diploma in computer applications
5th August 2016, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma in computer science equivalent to diploma in computer applications
14th August 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

my question is opposite from above question,is graduation in b.com is equal to diploma in computer application?
can i apply for the job where requirements is graduation and also ask for diploma in computer,please it clear to me.
27th August 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Whether Diploma in Computer Science is equivalent Diploma in Computer Application
17th November 2016, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Diploma in computer engineering is equivalent diploma in computer applications or not
30th December 2016, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

After 12th standard I completed COPA (computer operator and programming assistant) then graduation, is it equivalent to pgdca?
12th February 2017, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I have MSC degree ..can I get any document in which written MSC comp sc. Above or equivalent to O level course
7th October 2017, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Whether diploma in computer engineering From polytechnic college is equivalent to PGDCA in kerala psc
15th October 2017, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10 2 Diploma in computer applications BCA lateral entry. Whether this BCA is considered as Graduation Degree
6th January 2019, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma in computer application be considered equivalent to diploma in computer science for govt job purposes?
21st September 2020, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Diploma in computer application and Diploma in computer engineering both are equal qualification or not ?
4th May 2021, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Whether Diploma in Computer Application is equivalent to BSC Electronics (3year degree)
23rd November 2021, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

Please tell me the difference between HDCA And PGDCA? Are they both same?
26th January 2022, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir...please specify whether btech IT is equivalent or higher than Pgdca.....is mba IT is equivalent or higher than pgdca....which are the equivalent or higher degree courses of pgdca
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?