3rd February 2014, 07:10 PM
nooblord

What Graduation degree to take after diploma?

I have completed my diploma i computer science!! can i join graduation after diploma?? if yes what field shall i choose and what are the career options available????

4th February 2014, 10:24 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: What Graduation degree to take after diploma?

Yes, you can do your Graduation after diploma as lateral entry student. Just follow the below mentioned steps for the same,

-> List out the colleges which you want to enroll yourself for the Graduation degree.

-> Visit the official website of the college or meet them in person to find out the details of lateral entry admission which will be like you will join in to the course in 2nd year directly after diploma.

-> Apply for the course by following the admission procedure.

Now about which course you can take for Graduation? You can select either of the two which I have mentioned below as that will be more close to your diploma course as well.

-> B.E in Computer Science.

-> B.E in Information Technology.

Just opt for any of this two and start preparing for the course right from the beginning so that you will get a job in hand before you complete the course.

I have also attached a career chart guide in this post for your reference. Just go through it once in case you wanted to find some other options for your future Graduation degree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CareerPath_guide.jpg
Views:	1890
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	147285  
6th February 2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What Graduation degree to take after diploma?

Depends upon which field u r working in that field engineering courses u will study then for ur studying time 4 years also u wil get experience
8th February 2014, 04:38 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your Diploma in Computer Science Engineering.

Soon after the completion of this course, you will be having 2 avenues to make your entry.

One thing is that you will try for job opportunities on the basis of your Diploma course.

Other thing is that you can join Engineering course through lateral entry program.

My suggestion would be to opt for Engineering course as you will not be given higher level jobs after Diploma course.

To join Engineering course, you have to crack ECET Exam.

By cracking this exam, you can directly get admission for 2nd year of Engineering course.

After computer science engineering, you can job opportunities in various top IT Companies like
Infosys
Microsoft
Oracle
Google
Dell
Delloite
Polaris
TCS
HCL
IBM etc.

Make sure that you will get good subject knowledge in your Engineering course which is very essential for the candidates to make entry into above mentioned top IT companies.

Wish you all the best.
9th February 2014, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

i completed by diploma in C.S in karnataka-belgaum!! and since i'm a goan resident i want to pursue my engineering studies in goa!!! so what would be the procedure????!!!!!
9th February 2014, 05:36 PM
nooblord

thanks!!! but i completed my diploma in C.S fro Belgaum-Karnataka!! and since i'm a Goan resident i want to pursue my B.E in Goa!!! so what procedure has to be followed???
1st December 2018, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 3 yrs Diploma course in Industrial electronics from Maharashtra in 1997 after 10th and now want to complete Graduation for promotion in current company
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?