24th April 2018, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Bank will sanction education loan if my father has already taken home loan?

Hello, My daughter want to take an Education Loan for her further education. I have a salary account in HDFC Bank. I have also using credit card. The most important thing is, I have already taken Home Loan through my salaried account. I want to know that still my son gets Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a scholarship if I have scored 68% marks?
  2. Which bank can provide education loan for pursuing B.Tech course at KIIT University?
  3. Will Bank grant an education loan if my father has already taken a car loan?
  4. Is it possible to get an Education Loan against my Uncle's property to study MBA in Canada? Why Bank refused my uncle's return?
  5. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  6. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  7. How can I apply to get Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA without having any property?
  8. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  9. Can I get education loan of 7 lakhs from SBI bank after retirement of my father?
  10. Time taken by bank to sanction Bank Education Loan for BTech course? -- [New]
  11. Why Centurion Bank of Punjab denied to sanction Education Loan of Rs. 1 Lacs?
  12. Is it possible to get complete educational loan for doing graduation course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued?
  14. How to get an education loan if my father have no monthly salary bank statement?
  15. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  16. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my Education?
  17. Whether Bank provides education loan to a candidate whose father has taken Personal Loan?
  18. Is it necessary to mention Home Loan details in the application of Education Loan?
11th June 2018, 04:19 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Bank will sanction education loan if my father has already taken home loan?

Yes, it is possible. If the Banker thinks that your income is good enough to make you eligible to pay education loan, after paying Home loan EMIs, then there is no problem. In fact if you have been regular in paying off your Home loan EMIs, it is an advantage.

If your income /track record comes down below eligibility, you may consider to provide an additional guarantor, from among family or friends to strengthen your application.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?