24th April 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my Education?

Hello everyone, my father has taken an Education Loan from Axis Bank for my BCA course. I have completed my BCA course and now I am repaying the amount of Education loan which was taken by my father. The is combined with my father and my names. But I want to claim tax rebate on this loan. Kindly tell me what I have to do?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  2. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  3. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my Education? -- [New]
  4. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  5. How can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan for my sister's education taken by my father?
  6. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  7. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  8. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  9. How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?
  10. Between Principal and Interest amount on which I can claim Tax rebate on Education Loan?
  11. Can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan being an employee of Tata Motors?
  12. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  13. Maximum amount to be claimed in Income Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 4 Lacs?
  14. How much amount to be claimed in Income Tax Rebate against an Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs?
  15. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  16. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?
  18. Am I eligible to get Tax Rebate against education loan for my brother's education?
19th October 2022, 11:36 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my Education?

Eligibility Criteria for deduction under section 80E

Any individual applying for loan for further studies or higher education for himself or on behalf of their spouse , children or student for whom the individual is legal guardian.

The candidate needs to obtain certificate from bank which should have a breakup of principal and interest portion of education loan paid by you during the financial year .
The total interest paid will.be allowed as deduction .
No tax benefit is allowed for principal payment.
Loan that exceeds 8 years will not be subject to tax benefit.
Thus you need to submit required documents to bank to claim tax benefit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?