9th March 2016, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I get an Education Loan against an agricultural property?

Sir,
I am preparing for Abroad studies, trying to do MS in Abroad. I am living with my family and we don't have the registration of our residential house. We have an agricultural property which is within the Municipal limits of the city. The Tehsildar of my hometown has valued 1 acre at Rs. 1.5 crores. I want to know whether I can get an educational loan against it? Kindly revert me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan on the same property in which my brother has already taken?
  2. Can I mortgage property which includes partner to apply for Education Loan?
  3. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property?
  4. Eligibility to get Education Loan against property without a guarantor?
  5. Possibility to apply in Education Loan without any property for a poor candidate?
  6. Can I get Education Loan to study MBA against my Grocery shop whose half shareholder is my brother?
  7. Can I get Education Loan to study B.Tech if my father has no property?
  8. Can I apply for an Education Loan with a mortgaged property?
  9. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  10. If living in rented house can I apply for Education loan?
  11. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  12. Can I get Education Loan of Rs. 7.5 Lacs to study MBA on mortgaged property?
  13. How can I apply to get Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA without having any property?
  14. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
  15. Should I have to mortgage my property to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs for study PG in UK? Requirements to apply?
  16. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 6.75 Lacs to study MBA without Immovable property?
  17. How can I get education loan if have no mortgage to show? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan if my father has taken Business Loan against Hotel property?
12th March 2016, 10:35 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get an Education Loan against an agricultural property?

Yes, you can avail education loan by keeping agricultural property as collateral security.

The bank demand collateral security equal to the amount of education loan.

The candidate can put his/ her property which is either land, house etc.., which must be equal to the loan amount.

You can keep your agricultural property as collateral security to avail education loan.
13th March 2016, 12:21 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If the land that your family owns is registered in the name of the person who is willing to take an Educational Loan against it then the Bank will sanction your Loan.
Your land will be effectively used as a mortgage against which the Bank will sanction the Loan.
If you can repay the Bank in time then your property will remain as it is. Once you default on a continuous basis the Bank will take over the possession of the Land.
This is how you can get your Educational Loan sanctioned against your agricultural land.
13th March 2016, 07:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Education loan for more than 10 lacs rupees can be sanctioned by different public sector as well as private sector banks against property. So, you can get education loan from any bank against your agricultural land as property. There is an important clause in banking sector for education loan that loans above ten lacs can be sanctioned by mortgaging any property only. Upto seven lacs, there is no such need.

You can approach your nearest public sector banks with valuation of your land and other concerned documents like land receipt, deed, mutation certificate etc for availing loan for educational purpose.
5th August 2019, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I get education loan on the basis of agricultural land?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?