26th August 2015, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Education Loan to study in India if holding a Personal Loan and Credit Cards?

Sir,
I am planning to apply for an Educational Loan to study in India. I have already taken a Personal Loan on my name, which I have been paying regularly. I have a concern over this, whether this will be a problem when I apply for an Educational Loan? Since in the application form they a section named "Borrowings". Will that be a problem to get an Educational Loan? Is it really necessary to mention my Personal Loan details in that Section? I also have Credit Cards and I am maintaining them without any late fee or fine.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it difficult to get Education Loan to study MBA in India for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan?
  2. Can i get Education loan to study in India on holding a credit card? -- [New]
  3. Possibility to get Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study in Abroad for a candidate who has taken Personal Loan and having Credit Card with HDFC Salary Bank Account?
  4. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs if taking Personal Loan of Rs. 1 Lacs and having Credit card bill of Rs. 1 Lacs?
  5. Possibility to study B.Tech with Personal Loan if fail to achieve Bank Education Loan?
  6. A B.Tech student who have already taken an education loan can take another loan for personal use?
  7. Can I get Education Loan to study MS in Abroad if already pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  8. Possibility to change Personal Loan into Education Loan if applied in SBI to study B.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible for lecturership in Polytechnic colleges or UG colleges in Chandigarh if I have done MCA along with B.Ed and graduation in BSc(Med)?
  10. Should I apply for a Personal Loan of Rs. 1.75 Lacs to study MBA if already pre-approved Education Loan of the remaining amount?
  11. How can I get Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I get Education Loan to study MBBS in India?
  13. Which Bank sponsored Education Loan of Rs. 18 Lacs to study MS in India? Documents required to apply?
  14. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  15. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  16. Can I get Education Loan to study B.Tech if my father has no property?
  17. Procedure to apply for Education Loan to study MBBS for a candidate whose father is NRI?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
6th April 2023, 07:44 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Can I get Education Loan to study in India if holding a Personal Loan and Credit Cards?

Yes, it is necessary to mention your existing borrowings, including your Personal Loan and Credit Card details in the application form for an Educational Loan. Your lender will consider your existing debts and liabilities while assessing your repayment capacity and creditworthiness. It is always advisable to be transparent and honest in your loan application as non-disclosure of any information may lead to rejection of your loan application or legal consequences in the future. However, having an existing Personal Loan and Credit Cards may not necessarily disqualify you from getting an Educational Loan, provided you have a good credit score, repayment history, and sufficient income to support your loan repayment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?