3rd June 2015, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in one subject of M.Tech 1st semester exam?

Sir
I haven't received GATE scholarship yet but unfortunately I got failed in one subject in 1st semester exam of my M.Tech. So, I would like to know that will I get GATE scholarship? Please tell me immediately.

14th June 2015, 05:00 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in one subject of M.Tech 1st semester exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

If you score a good rank in GATE entrance exam then you will get a good amount of scholarship for your master degree.

If you are selected in IIT then you will get a scholarship of 20000 rupees per month and if you are selected in NIT then you are eligible for getting 12000 rupees as a GATE scholarship.

But then condition to access continue scholarship is that you have to pass all exams in your first attempt during your master degree.

If you are failed in any of the subject then you are not eligible to get GATE scholarship.
15th June 2015, 01:15 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in one subject of M.Tech 1st semester exam?

Yes you will be provided the Scholarship for the 2 years of your M.Tech score as you are a GATE qualified student.
You will not be provided the Scholarship in case you fail to complete your Degree within 2 years.
So you need not worry and you will continue to get the Scholarship that you get for the 2 years stipulated course time of yours.
15th June 2015, 02:17 PM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I haven't received GATE scholarship yet but unfortunately I got failed in one subject in 1st semester exam of my M.Tech. So, I would like to know that will I get GATE scholarship? Please tell me immediately.
Sorry failure in any semester will cause a discontinuity of receiving scholarship, during the academic detail update. But you may get the scholarship amount of 1st semester.
2nd August 2020, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

What is percentage or spi criteria for gate scholarship, for m.tech ,if I failed in one subject in 2nd semester i will get scholarship or not.
7th January 2021, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Due to pendamic Covid 19 not attend the 2nd year 1 st semesters in NIT and results is fail.How can i do the supplement exm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?