8th August 2016, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Can my father apply for an education loan if already taken an education loan for my sister's studies?

Hello sir, I have completed 12th with PCB group and now want to study Genetics Engineering. Can my father apply for an education loan if already taken an education loan for my sister's study?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  2. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  3. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  4. Will Bank grant an education loan if my father has already taken a car loan?
  5. How can I apply to get Education Loan easily to study MBBS if my father is a serviceman in ECIL?
  6. Can I get an education loan against pension of my father?
  7. Am I eligible to get education loan for studying in BITS Pilani?
  8. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  9. How can I apply for an Education Loan if my parents don't have IT Return?
  10. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I apply for Education Loan if my father has taken Business Loan against Hotel property?
  12. Can I get Education Loan to study B.Tech if my father has no property?
  13. Possibility to get an education loan if already have taken personal loan? Terms and condition for it? -- [New]
  14. How can I apply for Student Loan for my son's education in Australia while working there?
  15. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  16. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  17. How can I apply to get Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA without having any property?
  18. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of PF account?
9th August 2016, 10:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my father apply for an education loan if already taken an education loan for my sister's studies?

Yes, you can apply for education loan but make sure that your father has the income according to the education loan. It will be your responsibility to pay the loan after completion of studies through a job.

Hence, if you have got admission in a reputed university or institute then bank won't have any problem in sanction of loan. Just make sure you fulfill the security criteria which is the most important part in education loan.
9th August 2016, 11:38 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my father apply for an education loan if already taken an education loan for my sister's studies?

Yes, your father can be co-borrower of one more education loan even though he is the co-borrower of your sister's education loan. He should have a stable source of income to sustain the co-borrower responsibility of both loans. His eligibility depends on his income, assets held by him and the amount of education loan. If all these factors are favorable, then there is no problem in becoming co-borrower of second education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?