8th August 2016, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

What will be happen if I can't pay the amount of an education loan?

Hello sir, I was taken education loan to study B.Tech in Civil Engineering. Now I have passed but yet not paid amount of loan. What will be happen if I can't pay the amount of an education loan?

Related Questions:
  1. What will happen if I could not pay on time the installment of an education loan which was taken against the house property?
  2. What kind of features are available in an Education Loan scheme to study Post Graduation in Abroad? Is it possible to pay education loan amount after completion of education?
  3. Should I have to pay the loan amount for decades under Education Loan scheme?
  4. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  5. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan?
  6. Does bank charges late fine under Education Loan payment scheme? When to pay the loan amount to banks?
  7. Whether Bank deducts some amount in Education Loan if a student died during the course?
  8. How can I repay Loan amount if get job in USA after completion of MS?
  9. Is it possible to pay the amount of education loan before the time?
  10. In case of CA course how bank will pay the loan amount directly to ICAI? Documents to be submitted to bank and ICAI?
  11. Process to pay amount of Education Loan if taken for MBBS course?
  12. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  13. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  14. Will the amount of an education loan have to pay by the son if his father got death by a natural cause? Is there any provision of mercy in amount of loan? -- [New]
  15. Whether Banks can grant an education loan of Rs.1, 60,000 for Certificate course in IIT-Madras?
  16. Should I have to pay some amount of course fee apart from Bank Education Loan?
  17. What will be the interest rate for the left amount of an education loan if paid half of amount with pre payment charge?
  18. What amount I have to pay in return against Bank Education Loan if pursue B.Tech?
9th August 2016, 08:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be happen if I can't pay the amount of an education loan?

There will be repayment tenure of around 10 years for every education loan you take. You can pay the education loan amount in partly installments. If you don't repay the education loan to bank, the bank will send you notices intially and it will take a legal action against you and if you have provided any property as a Collateral Security, they may seal your property. So, I suggest to repay the loan amount instead of not paying the loan amount.
9th August 2016, 10:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any education loan which is sanctioned comes with some security and guarantor in most cases. If you fail to pay back the loan in form of EMI then interest will increase on the EMI not paid on time.

In this way it will keep on increasing and mount pressure on you. Once the bank thinks that you are deliberately not paying the EMI then they will use other methods to get the amount which will be mostly through the guarantor or security.
9th August 2016, 11:36 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

The bank will wait for six months from the year of completion of your B.Tech course. Then it will send a notice to start the repayment. If you fail to do so, then the co-borrower will be contacted and asked to start repayment. If the co-borrower fails to start the repayment, then third party guarantor is contacted. If all parties fail to start repayment, bank can file a case against you and blacklist you in account of Reserve Bank of India so that no bank offers you any loan in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?