29th March 2017, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Does government provides interest free education loan and scholarship for higher education? What should I do for it?

Hello sir, I came from poor family (below creamy layer) and I am interest to study the higher education but have no economical backward. Please tell me does government provides interest free education loan or scholarship to study higher education? What should I do for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a Scholarship or Interest free Education Loan if secured 85.6% in CBSE 12th(Biology)?
  2. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  3. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  4. Why not talented students getting scholarship? Is it possible to get scholarship to continue Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  6. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  7. Eligibility to get Bank Education Loan for B.Des course for an ST candidate after getting scholarship? Interest rate charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  8. Can any bank sanction education loan for higher studies in Sanskrit language?
  9. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued?
  10. How to get a scholarship on merit basis for B.Tech? Possibility to get an Education Loan without interest rate?
  11. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  12. Can I get scholarship or education loan after scoring 84% marks in 12th MP Board?
  13. Why the interest rates are fluctuating higher when I had applied for an Education Loan on Fixed Rates?
  14. Interest free education loan for meritorious student? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can I get Education Loan to study B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  17. Am I eligible for any Education loan or scholarship? Can I get any A.P. state scholarship under OBC? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I get scholarship or educational loan after scoring 84% marks in 12th MP board?
1st April 2017, 12:47 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does government provides interest free education loan and scholarship for higher education? What should I do for it?

The government of India has approved a central scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the course period plus one year or six months after getting the job whichever is earlier and after getting the job the students has to repay the loan along with the interest on the education loan as per the basic rate of individual banks which was taken from the scheduled bank and as per the provisions for interest rates under the Indian Bank Association model education loan scheme. The candidate needs to show the income proof from the authority which is authorized by the state government that the annual income of the family does not exceed Rupees 4.5 lac per year from the entire source. You can apply for the loan from any scheduled bank by providing the necessary documents like income certificate, address proof, passport size photo, ID proof, last qualification mark sheet, Fees receipt for higher education to ensure that you are taking it for genuine purpose. You need to sign the agreement with the scheduled bank as per the Ministry Of HRD norms. There is other scheme also under which you can take loan like The National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC), The National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC), National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC), National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSCFDC), and the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC). The interest charged by this undertaking is to be paid by the government to the respective corporations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?