1st July 2014, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Fee waiver or Financial assistance in M.Tech for SC student?

Hi i am an sc student and pursuing M.tech through gate because of the stipend.I was concerned as i cannot afford to pay the tution fees.If i get a seat in a college will i be getting fee waiver and also the stipend???

Related Questions:
  1. List of top ranking MAT Colleges which give Fee Waiver for poor candidates? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is fee waiver program of UPTU applies for MCA as well? Process to get fee waiver seat being a poor candidate?
  3. Admission in B.Tech along with fee waiver?
  4. Can I change my branch from ECE to Mechanical under fee waiver scheme of UPTU?
  5. Mahamaya Technical University fee waiver scheme for meritorious student?
  6. Can i get admission in IET Lucknow in MCA stream? Information about fee waiver scheme of UPTU?
  7. Admission in B.Tech 2nd year under fee waiver scheme after pursuing Diploma under same scheme?
  8. What is the criteria for giving fee exemption to students entering IIT? Can I expect a fee waiver?
  9. Can I get a seat in Manipal Engineering College with 125/240 marks? In which stream will I get?
  10. Course fee structure and hotel fee for Pearl Academy, Chennai and NID Bangaluru? Is there any financial assistance available?
  11. Admission in B.Tech second year after diploma under Fee Waiver Scheme?
  12. Admission under fee waiver scheme of Punjab Technical University?
  13. Fee Waiver Scheme for good ranker in JEE under Scheduled Caste category?
  14. Tution Fee Waiver(TFW) scheme income criteria for a salarised person? -- [New]
  15. Admission in B.Tech 2nd year is possible after pursuing Diploma under fee waiver scheme?
  16. Is there any provision for fee concession or waiver for only single girl child of her parents?
  17. What is B.Tech LEET and what is the B.Tech fee waiver course?
  18. Fee structure of MCA in IIT Madras? Information about the scholarship and the fee waiver for merit student?
9th January 2015, 09:48 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Fee waiver or Financial assistance in M.Tech for SC student?

Once you clear GATE and get admission in NIT/IIT for M.Tech, then you need to worry about fee because fee for M.Tech course if very low, approx 12-15k per semester.
And you will also get stipend from MHRD.

Also, you are a SC student, you will get tuition fee waiver at IIT/NIT, you have to pay only hostel fee which you can easily pay through GATE stipend. Hostel fee is 15-20k per semester.

So, don't worry about fee, concentrate on study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?