9th February 2014, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Admission in B.Tech second year after diploma under Fee Waiver Scheme?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I want to know that can i get admission in B.Tech second year after diploma under FEE WAIVER SCHEME in Punjab Technical University,Jalandhar or not.

with regard
prince kumar

12th February 2014, 11:10 PM
naveen1221

Default Re: Admission in B.Tech second year after diploma under Fee Waiver Scheme?

Hello Friend !!

No, you cannot get the free admission seat in the Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.

The only way to get the fee waiver for the B.Tech course is to top the Entrance Examination conducted the University of any of other National Level entrance examination for engineering.

Since you do not belong to this category, I mean usually you won't write any entrance exams after Diploma because you have the Lateral Entry scheme through which you will be placed directly to the B.Tech 2nd year.

If you are going to Punjab Technical University through Lateral Entry, you need to pay the fee like other students.

But if you are from the backward castes and if your family income is less than 1 lakh rupees, then you may apply for the reimbursement scheme through which your tuition fee will be returned by Govt. through a cheque.

This won't be applicable if your father is an Govt. Employee or an ex-service men.

Usually the Tuition fee in the Punjab Technical University is between 40,000 to 52,000.

Irrespective of any scheme, you will get the scholarships as usual if you are from backward castes.

You can expect a minimum of 5000 to 7000 rupees per academic year.

Good Luck !!
25th February 2014, 12:35 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Admission in B.Tech second year after diploma under Fee Waiver Scheme?

Under three special cases, fee waivers for the students from weaker section of the community is carried out by the Punjab Technical University. If the student doesn’t have parents then financial assistance upto full fee waiver is provided financial assistance for half fee waiver is provided if the student’s family income is less than 2.50 lakh from all sources. If the family income is less than 1.20 lakh then full financial assistance is provided.
14th May 2014, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I have completeted ME DIPLOMA FROM MSBTE SO I WANT TO TAKE ADMISSION IN AMRAVATI CAN I GET TFWS SHEME I HAVE got 71% Marks
11th June 2014, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

there is a fee waiver seat available at giani zail singh college at bathinda in LEET mode
6th July 2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 1st year in B.tech under PTU. nd now there are 2 seats vacant in FEE WAIVER bcz of students who left the campus... so plz tell me can I apply for those fee waiver seat.
6th July 2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 1st year in B.tech under PTU. nd now there are 2 seats vacant in FEE WAIVER bcz of students who left the campus... so plz tell me can I apply for those fee waiver seat.
3rd June 2015, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma from bte Lucknow .In upsee exam I got 427 rank in lateral entry. Can I get fee waiver seat in btech 2year?
30th June 2015, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Is there tution fee weaver seat in uptu through lateral entry?
25th June 2016, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 198 general rank in uptu lateral entry exam can I get fee weaver seat in any government or private college in electrical branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?