21st March 2016, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

How can I get my final year Loan amount if there is an error in repayment?

Hello,
When I was applied to the Educational Loan, the Manager said me, "You don't need to repay the interest during study period". But now the Manager was changed. He told me that you should repay the interest during study period. But now I am in crucial situation. So I can't pay the interest. So what I have to do to get my final year loan amount from Indian Overseas Bank?

Related Questions:
  1. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment?
  2. Can I extend the repayment amount if taken Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs?
  3. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  4. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  5. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  6. MBBS holder can get a Lecturer job? Seeking 25 years of repayment of loan after job is possible?
  7. Lost my ICET Admit card, what to do now? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  9. How much loan amount is allotted as per the tuition fees? Providing securities for that amount is neessary?
  10. Names of the permanent UGC recognized private universities?
  11. List of banks offering Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs with lowest Interest Rate? Which is advisable among Floating and Fixed rates for repayment period of 1 year?
  12. How can I repay Loan amount if get job in USA after completion of MS?
  13. Details about job after completing B.Tech in Civil engineering to repay the loan amount?
  14. How to apply for Olympiad exam directly? From where to get the form?
  15. How much Commercial Pilot earns? Maximum permissible loan amount?
  16. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  17. Procedure to get full amount in education loan if got admission through management quota? Is it that we have to get the loan only in the banks allotted to us through the ration card?
  18. Does Bank offer whole amount of course fee against an education loan?
24th March 2016, 08:07 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get my final year Loan amount if there is an error in repayment?

It is not a compulsion that you need to repay interest during the study period. Usually the bank asks to do so since interest is their income and it builds confidence of the bank in you. Moreover, you can get an additional rebate of 1% in the interest rate in various banks. So you need to talk to the bank manager to clarify whether it is a mandatory clause or not. Review the loan documents. If such clause is not mentioned, you can either sort this out with the bank showing that or take legal action.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?