23rd January 2018, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

What to do if not able to pay education loan back due to no job?

I have a education loan in Allahabad bank. I have lost my job that's why can't be effort this loan amount. Please give me some good information about the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get another education loan to study in IIM if completed BE by taking loan? -- [New]
  2. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  3. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  4. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  5. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  6. What will happen if I could not pay on time the installment of an education loan which was taken against the house property?
  7. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  8. What to do if unable to pay the education loan amount on time due to being jobless?
  9. Can I get an Education Loan to study in IIM if finished B.Tech through an Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Should I have to pay the loan amount for decades under Education Loan scheme?
  11. What to do if cannot repay education loan due to Articleship?
  12. How to get subsidy on education loan? Where I should approach?
  13. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in USA after completing MS?
  14. How can I get an Education Loan to study Master's Degree in Canada? Will I be able to pay back after completion of my course?
  15. How can I repay Loan amount if get job in USA after completion of MS?
  16. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan?
  17. Whether my Education Loan amount can be waived off if I am Physically Handicapped person?
  18. Possibility to get deduction in amount of education loan if got relieved from job due to demonetization?
25th January 2018, 01:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do if not able to pay education loan back due to no job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a education loan in Allahabad bank. I have lost my job that's why can't be effort this loan amount. Please give me some good information about the same.

You have to contact your bank for reduction in the monthly EMI amount. You can also settle some amount through one time settlement. It is not advisable to leave the education loan unpaid because, it affects your credit score and it also affects your parents’ credit score. You can contact your bank branch manager and explain the reason for nonpayment. You can do some part time jobs and starts to repay the education loan. You can get help from your parents for the education loan repayment. You can use other money sources to pay the education loan dues.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?