31st August 2016, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Whether bank will sell my house in auction if unable to repay back the loan amount on time?

Hello sir, I want to take admission in degree course but I don't have sufficient money to expend on study. I want to apply for an education loan against of my house. But, my friend told me that if you could not pay the amount of loan on time the bank will sell your house from auction sale. Is it true or bank gives us grant on time to repay the amount?

Related Questions:
  1. What will happen if I could not pay on time the installment of an education loan which was taken against the house property?
  2. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  3. When I have to repay an Education Loan amount if apply from a Public Bank?
  4. When I have to repay an Education Loan amount if apply from a Public Bank?
  5. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  6. How can I repay Loan amount if get job in USA after completion of MS?
  7. Whether repayment of Loan amount in Dhanlaxmi Bank is yielded through EMI?
  8. Can I repay the amount of education loan on installment basis?
  9. Whether the Bank will repay Education Loan during the course period of M.Tech?
  10. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  11. What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  12. Whether the State Bank of Hyderabad will get merged with SBI? How can I repay my education loan amount? -- [New]
  13. How can I settle remaining Loan amount in one attempt of Indian Overseas Bank?
  14. Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)?
  15. How much loan amount is allotted as per the tuition fees? Providing securities for that amount is neessary?
  16. How tax can be calculated during repayment of loan amount?
  17. How can I apply for admission for B.Tech ECE in Amity? Procedure for admission and fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How can I get my final year Loan amount if there is an error in repayment?
10th September 2016, 10:49 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether bank will sell my house in auction if unable to repay back the loan amount on time?

The bank will not directly sell your house if unable to repay the loan. First, the bank will send several notices to start the repayment. If you fail to do so, the bank will send a legal notice. You need to respond to it and can appear for a trial in court. If you lose the trial or do not respond to the legal notice, the bank has the discretion to auction your house.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?