25th September 2016, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?

I am going to apply for an Education Loan in State Bank of Travancore. I have already get the information from the Bank Manager about the loan scheme but forgot to get details of the penalty. So, I want to know what penalty is there if interest is not submitted on time?

Related Questions:
  1. Interest rates charges under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  2. Is there any penalty on failing to pay EMI on time under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much penalty has to be paid?
  3. What is Pre-Payment Penalty in a Bank Education Loan scheme?
  4. Who can become a Co-Obligor under Education Loan scheme of State Bank of Travancore?
  5. Details of Subsidy under Education Loan scheme of State Bank of Travancore?
  6. Interest rates charge under State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur Education Loan scheme?
  7. How can I get the interest amount paid upon Education Loan back under CSIS Scheme of Central Government?
  8. Is there any central scheme to provide interest subsidy on education loan of PNB? -- [New]
  9. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  10. Detailed information about Education Loan scheme and Interest Rates charged by State Bank of Hyderabad for study LLB?
  11. Central Scheme to provide Interest Subsidy(CSIS) - 2014
  12. What will happen if I could not pay on time the installment of an education loan which was taken against the house property?
  13. Name of the bank which is providing an education loan at least interest rate?
  14. Rate of Interest scheme against Bank Education Loan to study BDS? Process of recovery?
  15. Eligibility to get Bank Education Loan for B.Des course for an ST candidate after getting scholarship? Interest rate charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  16. Interest rates charge under Central Bank of India Education Loan scheme?
  17. Interest rate charge of State Bank of Hyderabad Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Interest rates charges under Education Loan scheme of Karnataka Bank for MBA course?
26th September 2016, 09:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?

The penalty which is charged by State Bank of Travancore for not being able to pay interest on time is - there will be a hike of 0.5℅ of rate of interest for the outstanding loan amount. This means you need to pay 0.5℅ higher rate of interest while repaying the outstanding loan amount. If there are multiple failure to repay the loan amount, then the bank can seek legal help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?