24th April 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate is eligible to get amount against accidental purpose in education loan granted by SBI?

Respected Sir, my son met with an accident during his study of BTech, pursuing in Bangalore. He is studying with education loan of SBI. In this case, he get money for his cure or not? as the Bank term and conditioned has mentioned the loan against miscellaneous expenses will be granted. So, he is eligible for getting loan for his recovery?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a candidate is eligible to get amount against accidental purpose in education loan granted by Punjab National Bank?
  2. Can SBI grant education loan for ITI course under SBI Skill Loan Scheme? Interest rate and maximum amount granted?
  3. Can I repay the amount of loan at any SBI branch of Delhi if was taken from SBI, Manimajra (Chandigarh)? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I apply for Education Loan again from SBI for study M.Tech if haven't paid the amount which was taken for B.Tech?
  5. Chances to repay the education loan amount before completion of course? How much amount I can get as remittance?
  6. How much concession does SBI give if candidate repay whole amount of loan after six month of completion of course?
  7. Details of disbursement of Education Loan in SBI? -- [New]
  8. Disbursement time taken under SBI Education Loan scheme?
  9. Can SBI give an education loan to study BA LLB from Chitkara University?
  10. Details of SBI Education Loan scheme for Orphans? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Procedure to get extra amount as an education loan from SBI?
  12. How much amount of education loan SBI provide at 9.5% interest rate?
  13. Does the SBI give all amount of education loan in one time? Will they deposit loan amount directly in college account?
  14. Education loan is possible after completing 1st semester backlog in 2nd semester of -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Chances to get further education loan from SBI if have already taken one loan?
  16. How to pay an education loan amount before completion of course? Chances to get subsidy?
  17. Requirements to get education loan from SBI if already have taken? Chances to get benefits in interest rate for a girl candidate?
  18. What should I do to repay the amount of an education loan of SBI before repayment period? Is it a good decision?
19th October 2022, 10:55 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate is eligible to get amount against accidental purpose in education loan granted by SBI?

The education loan covers all the expenses related to the course of study.
Be it travelling expenses, cost of books, equipment, laptop, library fees etc

Some banks are only allowed to cover these expenses in education loan of they don't exceed 20% of total loan amount.

Accidental expenses are not covered in education loan.
In case such expenses are mentioned in terms and conditions at time of bank loan approval.
Then you can claim for such expenses otherwise not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?