24th June 2016, 04:43 AM
Unregistered

Whether Laptop expenses are covered under Bank Education Loan scheme?

Dear Sir,
Suppose, I have to take Laptop because of the need in the college, then the Bank will provide expenses of Laptop under an Education Loan also? Please tell me about this.

25th June 2016, 09:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Laptop expenses are covered under Bank Education Loan scheme?

Yes, the laptop expenses are covered under Bank Education Scheme. The bank will consider the laptop expenses only if it is required for completion of the course. So, if you need laptop to complete the course, the bank will consider the expenses required for purchasing laptop under Education loan.
26th June 2016, 03:57 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Laptop expenses are covered under Bank Education Loan scheme?

Yes, the Education loan offered by Bank will cover the Laptop/ Computer expenses that are required for completion of the course. The other expenses that Bank Education loan covers are listed below :-

=> School/ College/ Hostel Fee
=> Examination/ Library/ Laboratory fees.
=> Purchase of books, equipment, instruments and uniforms.
=> Passage Fare for travel abroad (for higher studies in Abroad).
=> Purchase of computer needed to complete the course at reasonable rate.
=> Any other expenses to complete the course like study tours, project work, thesis etc.
26th June 2016, 04:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get education loan and utilize it to purchase laptop if it is needed in your college. There is no need to worry as laptop cost is covered under education loan scheme. However, you need to submit the proofs of your purchase to the bank. Apart from laptop expense, books cost, hostel and mess charges are also covered under education loan scheme in addition to study expense.
2nd March 2018, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to avail a laptop expense under an education loan for MBA ?
19th May 2019, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir What is the procedure of purchased laptop under sbi education loan please explain???
20th May 2019, 10:00 AM
Rahimaan

Documentation: The documentation process is almost similar for both BOI education loans. Following are the list of loan documents required:

Address Proof:--

Voter ID card
Passport
Ration card

Income Details:--

Pan Card
Form 60
Income Tax Return slips
Form 16
Salary slips

Identity Proof:---

Voter id card
Passport
Pan card
Bank account statement

Educational documents:--

School leaving certificate
Degree certificate
Mark sheets
Any other documents as required by the bank.
22nd July 2022, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

My sbi loan officer is not disbursing fund from my loan account and not picking my call, what action I can take?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?