31st December 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Why is the interest rate is more for educational loan than other loans?

Why is the interest rate is more for educational loan than other loans? Can someone please give me the information on the same. I just don't understand why only educational loan have so much interest rate when compared with others. Awaiting for the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus and Date of Exam Exam for SI Exam in UP? Books to prepare for the Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to get an education loan quickly at a low interest rate?
  3. How much time does it take for me to become Company Secretary having cleared CA(IPCC) and CWA(Inter)?
  4. Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?
  5. Is there educational loan given for IAS students without interest?
  6. Recommended books to prepare for IAS Preliminary Exam for General studies?
  7. Date of BSc Nursing exam date(Rajeev Gandhi University of Health Sciences)?
  8. Last year opening and closing rank of college of Technology Pantnagar?
  9. Allahabad Bank did not waived off interest amount as per government announcement? What is the EMI of Initial Amount of 350000, with 11.75% interest rate?
  10. List of Marine Companies Sponsorship for IMU Deck Cadets?
  11. Are the seats increased in BFUHS for MBBS course? Will I get a seat in management quota after scoring 656 rank in PMET?
  12. Previous years question papers for NIPER Ph.D entrance exam?
  13. How may I get admission in engineering in Maharashtra? I've completed 10th and 12th from Singrauli Madhya Pradesh
  14. Is it true that after BSc nursing we can get into MBBS with relaxation of 1 year? Any BSc nursing seats in MBBS entrance exam?
  15. What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?
  16. Answer key to paper I code Z of UGC NET mass communication and Journalism
  17. B.Ed. sample papers for jammu university
  18. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
31st December 2015, 09:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why is the interest rate is more for educational loan than other loans?

The rate of interest is more in case of education loan as compared to other loans. This is because :-

- The interest is accounted as simple interest for the entire study period rather than compound interest as in case of other loans.
- There are many subsidies given by the banks for various reasons in case of education loan which are not available in other types of loan.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?